The nice thing about redfish is that they eat almost everything. The one thing I stay consistent with, no matter what bait I am using is size of the bait. Why? Because of the small inferior mouth of the redfish.
Here is a list of my favorite Redfish baits:Live Bait
- Scaled Sardine - 1" to 4" size
- Fiddler Crab - Any Size
- Shrimp - Regular or selects
- Creek Chubs - Any Size (also called bull minnow)
- Blue Crab
My favorite Redfish bait for each season
- In the winter my favorite is Shrimp and Fiddler Crab.
- In the spring my favorite is the Scaled Sardine
- In the summer my favorite is cutbait, Ladyfish and Threadfin
- In the fall my favorite is again the Scaled Sardine and Creek Chubs
Thank you for sending in your question. Send us photos of your redfish catches!
The Online Fisherman Inc.