The Online Fisherman Forums :: Topic: New and appreciative! (1/1)
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: New and appreciative!

New and appreciative! 2 years 6 months ago #20620

• JofKJs
  • Fresh Boarder
Hello All, New to the site and wanted to hi. I've been checking it all out
and you really have something great here. Hope to be part of it! We fish the Pine Island
area some, but try to fish Everglades Park as much as possible. Flats boat and canoe.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: New and appreciative! 2 years 6 months ago #20622

• Flat_Top
  • Platinum Boarder
  • When we going fishing?
  • Thank you received: 16
Welcome aboard. You live in and fish a beautiful area. Hope to get down there later this spring. Looking forward to some reports.
Sell Your Stuff, Keep The Dog, Live On An Island
Howard Livingston & Mile Marker 24 Band
Beer Can Collection

Re: New and appreciative! 2 years 6 months ago #20623

• artifishent1
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 12
Welcome, welcome, welcome! It's good to see new faces like me signing in and speaking up. Good to hear it. I just started posting myself, and am enjoying myself thoroughly.
Can't wait to see what you get into down there, I don't get to fish down in sarasota much and am looking forward to hearing whats happening in that neck of the woods. Welcome :greet:

Re: New and appreciative! 2 years 6 months ago #20633

• DavidT
  • Thank you received: 298
:greet:

Welcome! Thanks for joining and I can't wait to hear some of your reports! I've never fished down there but definitely plan to this year...
If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles. -Doug Larson
The following user(s) said Thank You: artifishent1

Re: New and appreciative! 2 years 6 months ago #21112

• ktek01
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
Welcome, spent 10 years in Ft Myers myself before moving to St Pete. Gotta get back down and visit Barnacle Phils again one of these days.

Re: New and appreciative! 2 years 6 months ago #21123

• poyssick
  • Publisher
  • Gary Poyssick, Publisher
  • Thank you received: 326
It is indeed very nice to meet you here on our forums. The site's a little under two years old at this point, and started with (I think) about a dozen of us who had come from other forums, or in some cases without any direct web experience whatsoever. I had helped a real good friend of mine start an early fishing site nearly 16 (more maybe) years ago, and when he died there was a gap in the local community, so we drew this one on a piece of paper and it was running 10 days later. The name was Divinely granted; no way it should have ever in a million centuries have been available when it was. That hasn't hurt.

Having somebody like you say a nice thing about it means more than I could ever tell you. Every name, every story, and every angler that finds the tiniest good thing about our community enriches my life and those of us around this site in ways we never could have imagined when we took the chance and spent the time and the money to make it what it is.

Every tenth word that ever comes out of my mouth causes trouble, so I hope never to say something stupid to you. But until I do, thanks so much for hanging out with us. We'll work hard to a) Keep my mouth shut and b) give you the coolest fishing web site available.

And relative to keeping my mouth shut, it's not gonna be all that hard. There are two guys here and they're both named David (DaveT and CaptainDavid). They hold the leash that's around my neck 24hrs a day.

:fish-taunt:
JOIN CCA if you take our sport and our environment seriously...

Re: New and appreciative! 2 years 6 months ago #21141

• AndyS
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Andrew Schoener
  • Thank you received: 363
Welcome Jim! It is so good to catch one from SW FL. Not many of us on here yet, but that's going to change. See Ya!
Andrew Schoener