Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: New member

New member 1 year 11 months ago #27060

• Dripwater
  • Fresh Boarder
Hi, I'm new to the south St.Pete area, after fishing Tarpon Springs, Palm Harbor and the St Joe Sound for the last 25 years. I'm trying to learn the when,where of shore fishing, as I sold my boat when I moved here.
Looking to get a small bay boat soon, but I'm landlocked in the meantime.
A quick look thru this site impressed me, so I hope to use it to it's fullest.. I will also contribute when appropriate.
Thanks,
Jim
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: New member 1 year 11 months ago #27061

• DavidT
  • Thank you received: 297
Welcome Jim! There's a few spots I like to fish from land in the South St Pete area. One is Pass-a-Grille. There's a short fishing pier on the west corner of the pass. You have to pay to park there, but it's fairly cheap. I think it's like $1.50 for 2 hours or something like that. You have to pay by credit card then put the ticket in your window.

But anyway, it's a pretty good spot to fish. I was there 2 weeks ago and caught a few mackerel and a nice trout. I met a guy that was fishing for a few hours before I got there and he said he caught a few nice snook right off the rocks (right before the fishing pier). Also, there's great fishing all over the Skyway. Obviously the fishing piers are great, but you can pull off in the rest areas and fish from land.

One more spot I really like is Demons Landing. There's some pretty good fishing there too.

Good luck and let us know how you do!
If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles. -Doug Larson

Re: New member 1 year 11 months ago #27070

• edquin
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 45
Welcome Jim,
You will find plenty of info and advice here,good to have you!
Edgar

Re: New member 1 year 11 months ago #27079

• Lostmans1
  • Thank you received: 213
theres a lot of good info on this site and the people arent too bad either :laughing:
Team BF

Re: New member 1 year 11 months ago #27100

• poyssick
  • Publisher
  • Gary Poyssick, Publisher
  • Thank you received: 298
Welcome to our fishing site. The people here are really wonderful people, very helpful, and most willing to share the beauty of our sport :) So welcome to the site.

We've done a lot of maps of the bay, although never enough. I live near Coffee Pot Bayou, and I know we've done a map for that. There's another one for Fort Desoto Park, and if you do a search for an article called "Potting Shards" or something like that you will find a story about the site and a map, too.

The clambar is great. the small bridge (Boca Ciega) on the Saint Pete side of the big bridge is great. There are TONS of places to wade, too. I was just walking in the water the night before last walking next to a sea wall in case I caught a snook. I've had to climb down the wall before to release a fish without dragging him up, so now I walk that wall. That's in the Cofee Pot map, too.

But again, welcome to the site. It's a really cool place, and mostly because of the people that come here. Some is content, but ninety-percent is community.

gp
JOIN CCA if you take our sport and our environment seriously...