The Online Fisherman Forums :: Topic: wow! (1/2)
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: wow!

wow! 2 years 2 months ago #29071

I wanna start off by saying what a nice site this is! I got introduced to this site by Karen and Capt Steve Betz. Want to give them a special thanks! I'm mike and my life consists of family, sports and of course fishing and let's not forget about work. I been fishing tampa bay area since I was a kid and would never think about leaving this place of paradise! can't wait to start sharing some stories with all my fellow anglers!
i'm about that life!
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: wow! 2 years 2 months ago #29073

• hookthis1
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 32
Welcome! We can't wait to hear your stories.
Practice CPR... Catch, photograph, release

Re: wow! 2 years 2 months ago #29081

• DavidT
  • Thank you received: 299
Welcome! :greet:

There is definitely some great people on this forum...you should enjoy your time here...I definitely do. Great info, great pictures and great people. Our events are amazing too. We just had our first annual fishing party/cookout a few months ago with free giveaways, food, drinks and seminars all day and over 200 people showed up and it rained pretty hard for a few hours. If it didn't rain who knows how many more people would've showed up....our next event is a 12 hour offshore trip on Hubbard's Marina's boat and we sold out tickets in a week...a few guys cancelled and I think there might be a ticket or two left...so, if you haven't heard about that and are interested check this link out and call for your spot asap cause if there are any left, they're going to be gone very soon...here's the link to the event:
www.theonlinefisherman.com/the-online-fi...ep-sea-fishing-event
If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles. -Doug Larson

Re: wow! 2 years 2 months ago #29085

• pickgrin
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Thank you received: 729
Welcome Mike - glad to hear that you know the Tampa Bay area fisheries well and have things to share. Kudos to Capt Steve Betts for spreading the good word about TOF :thumbsup:
"Those who would give up essential Liberty for temporary security deserve neither and will lose both"
Benjamin Franklin

Re: wow! 2 years 2 months ago #29086

• john424
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 33
Does anyone fish in Safety Harbor?? Any good??

Re: wow! 2 years 2 months ago #29087

• poyssick
  • Publisher
  • Gary Poyssick, Publisher
  • Thank you received: 330
Welcome to the site, Mike, and saying how nice it is is certainly a way to win favor with the publishers lol. But really, we work hard to make it a good resource, and actually are about to show our readers a dramatically enhanced version of the site, with a couple of really exciting features, including an online television show featuring my incredible best friend on the earth captain David rieumont. If you do not know him, you will love his Brooklyn face on the show.

And captain Steve and his lovely wife have been helpful d supportive of this site since the first day we had it running, which is only a little more than two years ago now. We do a lot of direct connection events, and I sure hope to meet you at one of them. Steve and Karen were at the incredible seminar and and Barbeque event we had a while back, and make sure you show up at the next one. If you are a friend of Steve he will let you know and drag you there lol.

Have fun. One thing you will find is a lot of friendships happening here.
JOIN CCA if you take our sport and our environment seriously...

Re: wow! 2 years 2 months ago #29088

• DavidT
We have a pretty awesome fishing map of Safety Harbor. I don't know if you're fishing from a boat or not, but if so be careful because that area is pretty skinny in some places and before you know it, you'll end up smashing into an oyster bed. Here's the map:
www.theonlinefisherman.com/tampa-bay/safety-harbor
If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles. -Doug Larson

Re: wow! 2 years 2 months ago #29089

• poyssick
  • Publisher
God, you a good, David lol. I just copied that URL from another tab on my browser.

You will find that some of us literally live and breath this web site, John lol. DaveT here is one of us.

Re: wow! 2 years 2 months ago #29094

thanks for the warm welcome and I can't wait to share my reports with everyone! I can't wait to be apart of something great!
i'm about that life!

Re: wow! 2 years 2 months ago #29096

• john424
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 33
Thanks Dave.

Re: wow! 2 years 2 months ago #29103

• artifishent1
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 12
Welcome. But I think your daughter needs an account, She is already an accomplished angler. :laughing:

Re: wow! 2 years 2 months ago #29110

lol I was hoping that I can piggy back off of her accomplishments :smiley-danc
i'm about that life!

Re: wow! 2 years 2 months ago #29111

• DavidT
Reel_Pressure wrote:
lol I was hoping that I can piggy back off of her accomplishments :smiley-danc
:laughing:

Re: wow! 2 years 2 months ago #29139

• poyssick
  • Publisher
Piggy-backing is the one secret I didn't write into the book Skinny. A critical skill, however,

I catch twice as many fish when my wife is on the boat. Put a child there, and the numbers go to a factor of five. I suck personally. But man, can I put women and children near fish that seem willing to cooperate with them.

I hate it and love it at the same time for different reasons.

:laughing:

Re: wow! 2 years 2 months ago #29140

• poyssick
  • Publisher
God, I have to be careful using an iPad on this forum. The "delete" topics is right next to the button that you use to thank somebody :( and my fat old fingers slip very easily. Sorry about that.

I wanted to say what a fun thread this turned out to be. And I delete it by accident. Good thing I am surrounded by intelligent and competent people.

Gp
  • Page: