The Online Fisherman Forums :: Topic: Bass fishing Lake Manatee (1/1)
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Bass fishing Lake Manatee

Bass fishing Lake Manatee 2 years 1 month ago #30915

I'm going to fish for bass from a kayak in lake manatee this weekend with a buddy,we would like to know what lures you would recomend,and if we shuold go top water or deep,and where we should go.We were thinking of going by the rutland rd. bridge but are open to better suggestions.In the future we would like to go after crappie and would like the same info, thanks by the way this is a great service that you offer.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Bass fishing Lake Manatee 2 years 1 month ago #30925

• DavidT
  • Thank you received: 298
Welcome Randy! I can't help you with that area...or bass fishing for that matter, but I just wanted to welcome you to the site!
If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles. -Doug Larson

Re: Bass fishing Lake Manatee 2 years 1 month ago #30976

Thank you, but that's not as helpful as I was hoping it would be.( I'm really just kidding, thanks anyway)

Re: Bass fishing Lake Manatee 2 years 1 month ago #30977

• kevininkorea
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 12
It can get pretty deep in there. I'm sure there are some people around have fished there more often than me. I have trolled parallel to the buoys for crappie. There's some good sized catfish in there too that will catch you by surprise when trolling ultralight crappie gear. If I was going bassing, I'd stick to the shallower waters farther away from the dam, or working the shoreline structure. I heard there is not much going on in the deep areas as far as structure goes, but I think there might be an old road bed and some old river channels you can work if you've got a nice depthfinder.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Randy Bootsma

Re: Bass fishing Lake Manatee 2 years 1 month ago #30994

• poyssick
  • Publisher
  • Gary Poyssick, Publisher
  • Thank you received: 326
Davet is away but we have a story going up about catfish fishing,and the lake is great for them.

Right now black rubber wens near the drop offs, with heavy bullet weights. Same color as the worms. Try bright blue if black does not work.

Deep-running plugs. Bombers.

Rattletraps.

Live worms on the bottom on a decent catfish rig. I just put a drawing here of three I use for catfish.
JOIN CCA if you take our sport and our environment seriously...

Re: Bass fishing Lake Manatee 2 years 1 month ago #30995

• poyssick
  • Publisher
  • Gary Poyssick, Publisher
  • Thank you received: 326
And if you have an iPad or iPhone, spend the money and buy the Navionics software. The topographic maps alone are well worth the bucks.

Gp
JOIN CCA if you take our sport and our environment seriously...