The Online Fisherman Forums :: Topic: New to the Fisherman, but not a new fisherman (1/1)
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: New to the Fisherman, but not a new fisherman

New to the Fisherman, but not a new fisherman 1 year 11 months ago #31542

I was at Fisherman's world in Holiday, FL yesterday, when the new ownership handed me a flyer and told me I should sign up for this online site. I am glad I did, after scrolling through the site for about 10 minutes, I could tell this is a great resource for fisherman. I have been fishing in Florida my entire life and fish in Costa Rica about twice a year. I am looking forward to exchanging knowledge with other fisherman about our great sport and hobby. Tight lines and safe boating.

-Ryan
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: New to the Fisherman, but not a new fisherman 1 year 11 months ago #31545

• DavidT
  • Thank you received: 298
Welcome Ryan! :greet:

Man, I'd love to fish in Costa Rica...someday!
If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles. -Doug Larson

Re: New to the Fisherman, but not a new fisherman 1 year 11 months ago #31548

Thanks David,

Costa Rica is a special place, easily one of the most beautiful places in the world. The excellent fishing dosnt hurt either :thumbsup:
I attached a few photos from my recent trip.

SailfishCR.jpg

Menandreswithpargo.jpg

SpearinresultsCR.jpg

Re: New to the Fisherman, but not a new fisherman 1 year 11 months ago #31549

• DavidT
  • Thank you received: 298
Amazing. Thanks for sharing those. I put them on the page instead of being attachments. You can do that really easy. Once you choose the photo you want uploaded a new button appears right next to the button you clicked on to "add file". That button is called "insert". Make sure you click on where you want the picture to show up inside of the text then just click on insert and it will insert a code that you will see. Once you submit the post you will see the photo.
Again, thanks for sharing those photos and look forward to seeing more! And give us some fishing reports sometimes wherever you fish at, let us know how you're doing...sharing is caring! :hooked:
If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles. -Doug Larson
The following user(s) said Thank You: TarponSpringsfishinguy

Re: New to the Fisherman, but not a new fisherman 1 year 11 months ago #31551

• pickgrin
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Thank you received: 655
Welcome Ryan - those pics from Costa Rica are amazing. You will love this site the more time you spend here - spread the word about TOF to your fishing buddies.
"Those who would give up essential Liberty for temporary security deserve neither and will lose both"
Benjamin Franklin

Re: New to the Fisherman, but not a new fisherman 1 year 11 months ago #31554

Thanks David for the info and I will be sure to keep everyone on the Fisherman in the loop.

Re: New to the Fisherman, but not a new fisherman 1 year 11 months ago #31556

Sure thing pickgrin, tight lines.

Re: New to the Fisherman, but not a new fisherman 1 year 11 months ago #31557

• SunBked
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 226
Welcome to TOF Ryan - Thanks for sharing the photos.
The following user(s) said Thank You: TarponSpringsfishinguy

Re: New to the Fisherman, but not a new fisherman 1 year 11 months ago #31560

• pickgrin
  • NOW ONLINE
BTW Ryan - Its - The Online Fisherman. The Fisherman.com is another site that's not nearly as cool - LOL - just thought I would clarify.
"Those who would give up essential Liberty for temporary security deserve neither and will lose both"
Benjamin Franklin

Re: New to the Fisherman, but not a new fisherman 1 year 11 months ago #31562

I will be sure to refer to it as TOF from now on lol

Re: New to the Fisherman, but not a new fisherman 1 year 11 months ago #31590

• poyssick
  • Publisher
  • Gary Poyssick, Publisher
  • Thank you received: 325
Welcome to the site Ryan!!! I have fished in lots of places, but not costa rica (yet). Me and my wifey are going to north carolina and Kentucky soon, but next trip is gonna be there, for sure.

You know what would be cooler than hell? A trip that the site puts together to a resort down there. Hell, if we can get six or eight couples willing to hire two guides, I bet anything we could get resorts to compete for the deal.

What do you think? Wanna do volunteer work after being here for three hours??? It is how we keep the site growing lol.

All joking aside, we fill Ron hubbard's offshore head boats. I wonder if we could fill a small resort and become a preferred client to the best fishing resorts?? It would have to be moved to the regular forums if we want it to happen though.

Just a thought.

And welcome to the site, and thanks for making me think about catching those billfish in costa rica. Thanks a lot. I am sure my wife is gonna be overjoyed lol
JOIN CCA if you take our sport and our environment seriously...

Re: New to the Fisherman, but not a new fisherman 1 year 11 months ago #31591

• pickgrin
  • NOW ONLINE
The ghost of L. Ron Hubbard has a head boat?? - LOL - Of course you meant Mark Hubbard Gary but it was too funny a slip to let pass.
Benjamin Franklin

Re: New to the Fisherman, but not a new fisherman 1 year 11 months ago #31724

Haha I'm always ready to head down to Costa Rica!!!! There is no shortage of small resorts competing for fisherman's business down there. I believe the best of the best is Los Suenos. Thanks for the welcome and I hope you enjoy your trip to NC and Kentucky.