The Online Fisherman Forums :: Topic: Gulf vs Atlantic Shark Fishing (1/1)
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Gulf vs Atlantic Shark Fishing

Gulf vs Atlantic Shark Fishing 3 years 3 months ago #9141

• Andrew Benak
  • Thank you received: 123
Is there a difference? Can you argue one is better then the other?
111 Outdoors
Hebrews 11:1
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Gulf vs Atlantic Shark Fishing 3 years 3 months ago #9154

• CaptainDavid
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 129
Andrew what do you mean by better. Maybe more are caught on the Gulf coast and bigger ones are caught on the Atlantic. Maybe more anglers fish for sharks on this coast then the Atlantic. Which side has more world records. I would think that the sharks on the Atlantic coast would be bigger. The tides are much stronger and the forage is bigger. That coast has a bigger genetic strain of snook. It is not uncommon for them to catch a 50 inch snook. Here not many.

Re:Gulf vs Atlantic Shark Fishing 3 years 3 months ago #9156

• Andrew Benak
  • Thank you received: 123
Ha ya I see what you mean
111 Outdoors
Hebrews 11:1

Re:Gulf vs Atlantic Shark Fishing 3 years 3 months ago #9209

• Zach Miller
Capt. David hit it pretty dead on with his response, in my years of traveling and shark fishing throughout Florida, we have divided Florida into 6 different "zones", all very different than the other. The Southwest coast definitely produces greater numbers of sharks, but the size of the sharks isn't as consistent as the sharks found on the eastern seaboard, that doesn't include the Panhandle region of Florida, which we believe is the most fertile shark fishing ground in America, that includes numbers, size, and consistency. The Atlantic coast, however can be feast or fammine, right now it is pretty terrible over here, but there has been some nice rogue specimens caught as of late. But when it turns on over here, it is hard to beat. But unfortunately in the Southeast region of Florida, shark fishing is frowned upon, and a lot of trips here are fly by night operations,as the sport isn't accepted here like it is on the southwest coast. Though there are big fish to be had on the west coast, timing needs to be impeccable as well as the areas you target these beasts. You have fewer shots with larger fish over there too, so you need to be prepared and do everything you can to help maximize your opportunity to land one of these fish when the opportunity strikes...Hope that was helpful in some way! lol! Tear em up!

-Zach

Re:Gulf vs Atlantic Shark Fishing 3 years 3 months ago #9211

• FishinFoy$1
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 47
Hey I had you on my Fantasy Football team you were a pretty good tight end for me. Any thoughs on next season? Are you going to produce the same numbers or better?

Re:Gulf vs Atlantic Shark Fishing 3 years 3 months ago #9215

• Zach Miller
I predict a solid season, with the quarterback situation hopefully stabilizing, i'll be able to get a lot more touches than last season, maybe even a playoff berth for my raiders depending on the lockout

Re:Gulf vs Atlantic Shark Fishing 3 years 3 months ago #9219

• Chris7687
  • Expert Boarder
Hoping your quarterback situation stabilizes, give my highschool buddy Jacoby the opportunity to blow up into an allstar for you guys.

Re: Gulf vs Atlantic Shark Fishing 3 years 3 months ago #9355

• inshoreangler
  • Platinum Boarder
  • "Positive Mentoring through Fishing"
  • Thank you received: 15
Well, then there are always those Charlotte Harbor Beach Sharks too!
Positive Mentoring through Fishing; "The Mentoring Angler" Staff Writer andThe Political Sandbox
Come on in, the waters fine!