The Online Fisherman Forums :: Topic: Want to go fishing??? Give me your info... (1/1)
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Want to go fishing??? Give me your info...

Want to go fishing??? Give me your info... 2 years 2 months ago #30358

Want to go fishing??? Give me your info...

I'm in a boat club (2 locations)... Bay Pines (John's Pass) and Loggerhead Marina (near O'Neil's / Skyway)...

I'm looking for guys or gals to pay for the gas, ice and bait...

FYI, a typical Tampa Bay trip should be $100 or less... (threes company on these boats including me) and I'm an all day type of guy but will conform to your schedule... the boats are 19-22' vessels... dual consoles, center console and a bay boat... I fish for redfish & trout or grouper & sharks in Tampa Bay...

An offshore trip depends on how far you want to go... the single engine boats are limited to 25 miles and the twin engine boats are limited to 50 miles... the offshore trip can take multiple people (up to 5 including me) depending on the boat... the boats are 19-28' vessels... dual consoles, center consoles and a walk around cabin... this is usually geared towards grouper & snapper... and again, how far we go depends on how much the group wants to pay for gas...

We can also do night trips with the vessels at Bay Pines!!!

PLEASE send me a PM or email (This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. ) with your contact info and INCLUDE the days of the week you are available...

I want to be able to go thru my list and fill a boat with 4 if needed...

Thanks in advance,

Billy
Billy F.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Want to go fishing??? Give me your info... 2 years 2 months ago #30359

• DavidT
  • Thank you received: 299
I'll bite that bait...lol. Email sent
If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles. -Doug Larson

Re: Want to go fishing??? Give me your info... 2 years 2 months ago #30364

Spear fisherman are welcome too... I just want some fillets in addition to the expenses being met since I'll stay top side!!!
Billy F.

Re: Want to go fishing??? Give me your info... 2 years 2 months ago #30366

• yelladevil17
  • Thank you received: 62
Hey Billy...I think you had my info previously but I emailed ya anyways.

Re: Want to go fishing??? Give me your info... 2 years 1 month ago #30814

• calcutta86
  • Senior Boarder
  • keep em tight!!!
  • Thank you received: 2
Email sent

Re: Want to go fishing??? Give me your info... 2 years 6 days ago #33121

UPDATE for everyone... I was unceremoniously dismissed from Club Seaworthy... they cited 2 reasons / club violations...

#1. That my advertisements for fishing buddies was advertising a charter business to them... LOL

#2. That I took a boat out on a day when I did not have a reservation, yet they verbally tell you that if a boat is available and it does not have a reservation that you can use it... IT GETS BETTER... I had a reservation for Friday and in my reservation request I stated that I wanted the boat Thursday evening upon it's return from it's scheduled use... an employee allowed us to leave is the key point here!!!

They refunded my security deposit ($250) and pro-rated the rest of August and refunded like $26... however, they refuse to refund me the $750 lifetime / one time charge / initiation fee... when I was a member for less than 2 months!!!

So I have since had to file a small claims case against them... I'm a realist and understand if I was actually guilty of something that they could keep the $750 but when they simply dismiss a member under these false pretenses and do it via email without any discussion what-so-ever, well, that says enough in my book...
Billy F.

Re: Want to go fishing??? Give me your info... 2 years 6 days ago #33122

• DavidT
  • Thank you received: 299
That's crazy...and from what you say, doesn't sound legal at all...I mean, I guess they can dismiss you anytime they want, but you shouldn't have a problem winning in court unless there's something in small print saying they don't have to give it to you...

Thanks for the heads up though, I know not to mess with that club...
If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles. -Doug Larson

Re: Want to go fishing??? Give me your info... 2 years 6 days ago #33124

• barrynfla
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Thank you received: 546
That sucks, Billy. Good luck with the small claims case.

I suspect that the real reason they did this was your reason #1. Even though everyone understands that the cost stated is for a fair share of the overall costs, they probably look at it as a charter cost. Do you remember all the BS that Perlman got on the FS Forum because he stated an actual amount that a fair share would be?

I agree that you're in the right in this case.
Retired.......no boss, no clock, no worries, no money

Re: Want to go fishing??? Give me your info... 2 years 6 days ago #33125

Tell me about it Dave...

I love how they take asking for fishing buddies to cover actual expenses as charters... I'm sure all of the legit charter captains / businesses do it just to cover actual expenses... LOL

Heck, I'd be breaking many laws...

And then I think it's even worse for one of their employees to say OK, you can take the boat but then turn around and use that as one of their reasons too... their email made it sound like I came in during the night and just took the boat...

They say they're a 24/7 boat club yet their online reservation system doesn't support that at all...

And last, just how they handled the whole situation... no discussion and to do it by email... kind of like breaking up with your girlfriend or telling your spouse you want a divorce via text or email... LOL

Very disappointing to say the least...

*Even if the agreement / contract does say "non-refundable"... that will be thrown out the window because they dismissed me without viable cause... what's stopping them from doing it to other members in order to keep the $750 again and again???
Billy F.

Re: Want to go fishing??? Give me your info... 2 years 6 days ago #33127

Barry,

I only did a few trips and all will be presented that they did not hire me for $800-1000 or more and only covered the gas, bait and ice... less than $300 in actual costs per trip...

The trips were 8-10-12 or more hours... just look at what the average price of a real charter is... plus those guys normally go out a heck of a lot farther than 25-30 miles...
Billy F.
The following user(s) said Thank You: barrynfla

Re: Want to go fishing??? Give me your info... 2 years 6 days ago #33130

• Shallow Minded
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 25
It's a real shame people offering to share expenses get harrassed as if they are running charters or thrown out of boat clubs like that. Running offshore cost a lot in gas alone, not even including boat club dues or maintanence and storage. If it wasn't for people like Billy willing to share their time on the water a lot of people like me would rarely get to go offshore.

:angry-cry:

Re: Want to go fishing??? Give me your info... 2 years 6 days ago #33136

• Sideshow
  • Thank you received: 156
Sounds like you have a captain or an enemy who showed them this site to tell on you.

If you were a charter people wouldn't be begging to go with you . Helping cover costs is a normal thing on all oats.
Free Reach Arounds :)