The Online Fisherman Forums :: Topic: Has anyone used the "Livetarget" lures? (1/2)
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Has anyone used the "Livetarget" lures?

Has anyone used the "Livetarget" lures? 2 years 6 months ago #23472

• ThisGuy
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 31
I saw them at dicks today and they look great but are very pricey $15-$20 and I'm not ready to drop that kind of money on a lure no one is talking about. I was looking at the finger mullet wakebait which is $18.99, I'm hoping someone has used them and can give some input on whether or not they're worth the money.

Here's the website http://www.livetargetlures.com/products/saltwater/index.php
The spanish mackeral also looks good for trolling behind a kayak for kings along the beach.

Has anyone else noticed the inserting a link function isn't working, nothing shows up when you post. I just went to another forum and copied and pasted they're inserting a link function here.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Has anyone used the "Livetarget" lures? 2 years 6 months ago #23482

• poyssick
  • Publisher
  • Gary Poyssick, Publisher
  • Thank you received: 330
Expensive lures catch angers. Some, might be somewhat better, but hardly ever that much better that they are worth their price. $15 for one lure is harsh. You lose them the same way and frequency :)
JOIN CCA if you take our sport and our environment seriously...

Re: Has anyone used the "Livetarget" lures? 2 years 6 months ago #23484

• hookthis1
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 32
My brother in law bought a rapala lure for $10 and lost it on the first cast lol! Just like poyssick said, you can lose the $20 lure just as fast and just as easy.
Practice CPR... Catch, photograph, release

Re: Has anyone used the "Livetarget" lures? 2 years 6 months ago #23486

• CD
  • Junior Boarder
If you are looking at a wake bait, go Sebile Stick Shadd floating. Here in Sarasota Bay they are trout killers. My personal best inshore red also came on a blood red dark color. But do yourself a favor and change out the hooks, I hate it but the hooks on the $15 lure just plain suck.

Re: Has anyone used the "Livetarget" lures? 2 years 6 months ago #23488

• ThisGuy
  • Gold Boarder
This is true about losing them, as long as I get a few fish out of it I can't really complain too much.

I already have sebile stick shad a suspending though. That's the most expensive lure I've bought so far, I just love the realistic look to these livetargets.

I think I'll end up being the guinea pig on this one, maybe start with a cheaper one first, we'll see.

Re: Has anyone used the "Livetarget" lures? 2 years 6 months ago #23489

• johnD
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 4
3.5" scaled sardine suspending twitchbait is the one to get..the natural or the amber , on the silver and green the paint wears off pretty quick..although when the fish are biting I don't think they care if you're throwing a $6 mirrodine or a $16 live target.

Re: Has anyone used the "Livetarget" lures? 2 years 6 months ago #23528

• Germ
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 22
I bought one of the sardines, havent used it yet. I wanna get one of the walking mullets sometime

Re: Has anyone used the "Livetarget" lures? 2 years 6 months ago #23545

• ThisGuy
  • Gold Boarder
I'm picking one up next week before heading out I'll let you guys know how I do with it.

Re: Has anyone used the "Livetarget" lures? 2 years 6 months ago #23716

• Flat_Top
  • Platinum Boarder
  • When we going fishing?
  • Thank you received: 16
I have a couple of them, floating mullet and scaled sardine. So far I've had mixed success with them. The action is subtle and there is a learning curve. Will keep throwing them until some toothy critter takes it.
Sell Your Stuff, Keep The Dog, Live On An Island
Howard Livingston & Mile Marker 24 Band
Beer Can Collection

Re: Has anyone used the "Livetarget" lures? 1 year 3 weeks ago #64079

• rkotinsky
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 92
At $17+ per lure I was very hesitant to try them but I have no regrets. I found them to be as effective as my spook jr. in silver mullet which is my all time favorite. I became a believer after I could not get any hits on the spook and started using the double jointed greenback which landed me a 23" redfish when nothing else was working. Here are some of the fish I have caught with them, I use them in conjunction with my spook. This is going to look like an advertisement but I am not associated with LT in any way. Maybe they can sponsor me. :) I wish we could get more scientific with lures and their effectiveness. If I was throwing MirrorLure would I have done as well and caught the same fish? For now I am not willing to take that gamble and since I fish from kayak only one day per week I am not going to change what is working.

My personal best and first gator trout at 26" on a LT.

25+" Snook on LT Mullet while trolling from my YAK.

Another nice snook on greenback LT, I was working the lure this time.

Re: Has anyone used the "Livetarget" lures? 1 year 3 weeks ago #64080

• Arti-6
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Thank you received: 802
Is that jointed mullet a suspending crank bait?

Re: Has anyone used the "Livetarget" lures? 1 year 3 weeks ago #64082

• rkotinsky
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Platinum Boarder
The jointed mullet is what they call a wakebait. It floats when standing still but goes down approximately to 18" if you work it hard. It has great action and given that I was just pedaling along on my Hobie with the rod hanging off the back I was very impressed that the snook took it and hooked itself. The drawback to these lures is the price and the finish on my double jointed greenie wakebait is removed rather easily. :angry-cry: Will see how the mullets hold up. When I was using shrimp I would spend 10 to 12 bucks and catch more pinfish and catfish so in some sense I can justify the price of the lures! :hooked-2:

Re: Has anyone used the "Livetarget" lures? 1 year 3 weeks ago #64083

• jerrbare
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 47
Hmmmm. Caught 3 snook to 29", 3 reds to 30 and 4 trout to 22" all in the same day using bone spook, jr -$6 or I could try a $15+ lure. Hmmmm.
Another day hooked 7 reds to 26", brought 4 to the yak on the same spook. No brainer for me!

Re: Has anyone used the "Livetarget" lures? 1 year 3 weeks ago #64085

• rkotinsky
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Platinum Boarder
Curious to know what you use when the spook does not produce. I do very well with my cheap spook jr. but at a certain point it stops catching.

Has anyone used the "Livetarget" lures? 1 year 3 weeks ago #64086

• At Last
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 79
Bought one a year ago June. Gave it a cast near marker 1 at the start of the markers on the Anclote River. Zap...fish on....zip....then lure gone.....I was cutoff buy something. Probably a Mac. And for that kind of money....I'm not sure I care if they work.

I still have one in my tackle box I've not opened since that time. It's like that special bottle of sparkly being saved for some special moment. Maybe that time will come soon?
  • Page: