The Online Fisherman Forums :: Topic: Tarpon school (9/15)
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Tarpon school

Re: Tarpon school 2 years 4 months ago #27435

• dkknaebel
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
FBG- I'm so stoked and excited for this school. I can't wait. I have a list of things I still need to wrap up, but I know tknaebel, the kid and I can't wait!
Always ready to fish
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Tarpon school 2 years 4 months ago #27462

• acenos
  • Fresh Boarder
I signed up for the seminar, what do I have to do to ge tout on the boats on Saturday? What is the cost associated with that?

Re: Tarpon school 2 years 4 months ago #27522

• DavidT
  • Thank you received: 299
There is no cost. If you registered already you should have received an email from us asking you to verify the information you gave. If you've answered this back, you are already on the list to be put on a boat.

You will also see in that email though, that there is a VERY large amount of people that registered for this class and do NOT have a boat. Obviously we can't stuff 10 people on a boat, so right now we're just trying to make it so that everyone that wants to fish will get on a boat at least one of the four weeks we are fishing. So, if somebody is on a boat on the first week, the second week they will have to give someone else a chance to fish.

More will be revealed on Thursday at the first class at Tampa Fishing Outfitters.

Sorry for the bad news, but here's some good news: I just got a message that Captain Jared Crisp will be one of our boats. :thumbsup:
If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles. -Doug Larson

Re: Tarpon school 2 years 4 months ago #27523

• tknaebel
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 11
David, I have not gotten an email but Dawn (dkknaebel) got one yesterday. We are all good for using our boat all 4 weekends. We will have to miss the seminar on the 14th. we are also planning on helping Friday the 25th. Are there still plans for catching bait Friday? I figure we will discuss more details Thursday.
DavidT wrote:
There is no cost. If you registered already you should have received an email from us asking you to verify the information you gave. If you've answered this back, you are already on the list to be put on a boat.

You will also see in that email though, that there is a VERY large amount of people that registered for this class and do NOT have a boat. Obviously we can't stuff 10 people on a boat, so right now we're just trying to make it so that everyone that wants to fish will get on a boat at least one of the four weeks we are fishing. So, if somebody is on a boat on the first week, the second week they will have to give someone else a chance to fish.

More will be revealed on Thursday at the first class at Tampa Fishing Outfitters.

Sorry for the bad news, but here's some good news: I just got a message that Captain Jared Crisp will be one of our boats. :thumbsup:
Tim
Got to stop wish, got to go fishing.

Re: Tarpon school 2 years 4 months ago #27525

• DavidT
tknaebel wrote:
David, I have not gotten an email but Dawn (dkknaebel) got one yesterday. We are all good for using our boat all 4 weekends. We will have to miss the seminar on the 14th. we are also planning on helping Friday the 25th. Are there still plans for catching bait Friday? I figure we will discuss more details Thursday.

That's awesome, thanks!

And yes, I only sent one of you an email since I knew you were together :)
If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles. -Doug Larson

Re: Tarpon school 2 years 4 months ago #27526

• tknaebel
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 11
DavidT wrote:
tknaebel wrote:

That's awesome, thanks!

And yes, I only sent one of you an email since I knew you were together :)

I figured you only sent the one email. Just wanted to make sure you knew we had the boat for the whole time since there are so many boatless people.
Tim
Got to stop wish, got to go fishing.

Re: Tarpon school 2 years 4 months ago #27527

• Sideshow
  • Thank you received: 156
Registered , but I don't remember the email . I will be at the Seminar this Thursday .

You might remember me from Saturday Dave . I brought my woman with me. I bought the shimano Sahara 3000 which I love , Sabiki pole and new polarized glasses. Nice talking to you again.

As for the Snook.... no luck :( . Fish were eating my 25 lb leader alive and didn't bring bigger leader lb :( . Caught a few Macks and little sharks though .
Free Reach Arounds :)

Re: Tarpon school 2 years 4 months ago #27528

• DavidT
I sent you an email also Sideshow...check your inbox. I sent it yesterday

Re: Tarpon school 2 years 3 months ago #27611

• CaptTommyZ
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 5
Well... today's the day! Hope to see a bunch of y'all this evening! Raise your hand if you are registered and plan on going this evening.
I think I'm gonna do a raffle for a 6 hour Tarpon Charter tonight.
Capt. Tommy Z.
Dream Catcher Charters
Key West, Florida
www.dreamcatchercharters.com

Re: Tarpon school 2 years 3 months ago #27612

• deathroll
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 8
Pretty sure this class has something to do with why I can't sleep this morning. Been a long time coming. Looking forward to it.

Re: Tarpon school 2 years 3 months ago #27615

• dkknaebel
  • Expert Boarder
deathroll wrote:
Pretty sure this class has something to do with why I can't sleep this morning. Been a long time coming. Looking forward to it.

This has been me all week long!! So ready!!!!! :thumbsup:
Always ready to fish

Re: Tarpon school 2 years 3 months ago #27618

• IntimiGator
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 27
what time does this start?

Re: Tarpon school 2 years 3 months ago #27620

• Carolinaboy11
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 2
6:30 to 9:30 is the last I heard! I'll be there with notepad in hand!
Three-fourths of the Earth’s surface is water, and one-fourth is land. It is quite clear that the good Lord intended us to spend triple the amount of time fishing as taking care of the
lawn.

Re: Tarpon school 2 years 3 months ago #27626

• DavidT
Yes, 6:30!

Re: Tarpon school 2 years 3 months ago #27631

• dkknaebel
  • Expert Boarder
Are we still doing pizza? How much should we plan on bringing to pitch in if we are doing the pizza deal?
Always ready to fish