The Online Fisherman Forums :: Topic: Hook Kids on Fishing! Need volunteers!!! (1/1)
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Hook Kids on Fishing! Need volunteers!!!

Hook Kids on Fishing! Need volunteers!!! 2 years 3 months ago #25571

• DavidT
  • Thank you received: 298
:fishing: :fishing: :fishing: :fishing: :fishing: :fishing: :fishing: :fishing: :fishing: :fishing: :fishing: :fishing: :fishing: :fishing:
Fish Earth Day!

A great event put on by Captain Rodney Smith with help from us at The Online Fisherman! We need volunteers for all the events in all areas (see list by clicking HERE), but The Online Fisherman (Gary Poyssick, Captain Dave and myself) will be at the Tarpon Springs event on Saturday April 21st. NEXT WEEKEND.

TarponSprings_FEDFlyer.jpg

Tarpon Springs event:
  • Saturday, April 21, 2012 from 9-11a
  • Craig Park Spring Bayou
  • 400 South Walton Avenue, Tarpon Springs, FL 34689
  • Registration is required by calling the City of Tarpon Springs Recreation Division at (727) 942-5628

Read more here:
www.theonlinefisherman.com/component/con...captain-rodney-smith
If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles. -Doug Larson
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Hook Kids on Fishing! Need volunteers!!! 2 years 3 months ago #25577

• cwegescheide
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 34
Sounds like a good time. Cindy and I will see you guys Saturday. I'm good for a few pufferfish atleast. Lol

Re: Hook Kids on Fishing! Need volunteers!!! 2 years 3 months ago #25584

• Floridakey
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 17
Is there one in the keys in the future

Re: Hook Kids on Fishing! Need volunteers!!! 2 years 3 months ago #25587

• ktek01
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
There is also a Kids Fishing Derby at the Merry Pier on Saturday. www.facebook.com/spbrec

Re: Hook Kids on Fishing! Need volunteers!!! 2 years 3 months ago #25588

• poyssick
  • Publisher
  • Gary Poyssick, Publisher
  • Thank you received: 326
The derby is something we just heard about.

To tell you the truth, we have known about Rodney's thing for a while, but wanted to help by asking some of you all to get involved. To me and David anything we can ever do for kids fishing and educating kids about the sport is right up our alleys, so if we had known about the derby we would have posted that here to.

Rodney is a friend, and we are part of the Florida outdoor writers association, too, so it is only natural we are gonna be biased towards one. But that said we support all things that help our community, and are always happy to put notices up here on the forums, and if we have time we will even use the front page slide show space to promote cool events. That is what it is for.

But something that would help us is if you guys find something that our readers should know about, that you get permission from the event managers (FIRST!!!!) in an email. Then you can copy stuff from their site and paste it here.

That is the best way to do it. With their permission, post the information, the start times and dates and anything else people need to know. There is a formal calendar program that is going to be made available to all of you and any and all event planners from our Communty so that events like the recent seminar by Blair Wiggins at Tampa Fishing Outfitters are posted here.

So if you know about something, it would really help if you could help us get it up here.
JOIN CCA if you take our sport and our environment seriously...

Re: Hook Kids on Fishing! Need volunteers!!! 2 years 3 months ago #25589

• poyssick
  • Publisher
  • Gary Poyssick, Publisher
  • Thank you received: 326
And keys! You know that a few of these things have already been done, and besides this Rodney has an ongoing thing for parents and their children to teach them about fishing and boating. I can assure you that if there is not already a way for his organization to reach out to kids in your immediate area, he sure as hell would help make that happen if you were willing to participate.

It is very likely that TheOnlineFisherman.com is somehow going to take advantage of what Rodney has already done to help him pass on this sport to kids. He is a very cool guy who has done some amazing things.

I just have to figure out if our political operatives are going to allow us to become even closer friends than we already are. The whole earth-day karl-Marx thing is something I ain't quite figured out yet. I do know that the first time I said I hated earth day he said "how can any man as smart as you hate earth day, Gary?"

I love Rodney, man. Anything we can do to help his kids thing is going to be healthy and wise to do.

Lol
JOIN CCA if you take our sport and our environment seriously...

Re: Hook Kids on Fishing! Need volunteers!!! 2 years 3 months ago #25591

• Dek37uk
  • Gold Boarder
Its good getting kids into outdoor activities and sports. Too many kids in the Uk just play on XBOX instead of getting out in the fresh air. Most of my youth was spent playing Football (Soccer), Cricket and Fishing.

Re: Hook Kids on Fishing! Need volunteers!!! 2 years 3 months ago #25601

• ragnar35
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 8
I can help. I can assist in any way you need. I also have photography, video and a sound system available, if you need that.

Thanks,
Paul