Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Fishing with and teaching children to fish

Fishing with and teaching children to fish 1 year 11 months ago #25839

• poyssick
  • Publisher
  • Gary Poyssick, Publisher
  • Thank you received: 295
David t has an article he is about to put up called "Fishing with the Princess". You can judge for yourself the quality of the writing. We felt it was just incredible. JD Mader, the dad who wrote it, is an avid angler, professional communicator (with children) and just a guy I was very joyful for having met,

He has a blog. A blog meant to be read by adults. There is not one inappropriate article on it, but quite frankly feels free to speak the same f*^#}%>ng language I often find myself when in the right company using.

That said, his stuff is so flavorful we are going to the the risk, assume you read the disclaimer, and suggest you check it this guy's writing.

What it has to do with kids is that first article he wrote for us. It is the story of a dad taking his kid fishing, and the almost magical connection he realized existed between that kid long ago with HIS dad, catching HIS first fish. The magic so comes across in the story that I printed it and pinned it on a cork board. So I remind myself what this is all about.

Join us at Rodney's event on Saturday if you can. And check out that story when it appears. It is very, very well worth the read,

God bless this country, and God Bless every single one of you that has blessed this world with one of those children. Those oh-so-beautiful princesses and princes.
JOIN CCA if you take our sport and our environment seriously...
The administrator has disabled public write access.