Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: CCA All Release Challenge Fly Division Winner!

CCA All Release Challenge Fly Division Winner! 1 year 11 months ago #26135

• DavidT
  • Thank you received: 297
Congratulations to Captain Andy Cotton for winning first place in the CCA Photo All Release Challenge Fly Division!!!

Captain Andy is one of our contributing guides and is also Captain Rick Grassett's son-in-law! Keep an eye out for his fishing reports!

www.theonlinefisherman.com/florida-guide...-captain-andy-cotton

2012-04-21_19-15-34_877a.jpg
If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles. -Doug Larson
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: CCA All Release Challenge Fly Division Winner! 1 year 11 months ago #26150

• poyssick
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Publisher
  • Gary Poyssick, Publisher
  • Thank you received: 303
I have had issues with CCA and some of their national positions and friends, but Florida CCA is a real winner, and I am proud to be a member. And if you read this, Counsel, I would love to actually go to a meeting with you so I can get my money's worth lol

Here is the entire list of winners. Everybody involved is a winner. If only our Florida CCA would stop sending money to their national masters, I would really support the group.

Sarasota CCA Photo All-Release Challenge 2012 Results

The Sarasota chapter of Coastal Conservation Association held their 17th annual “Photo All-Release Challenge” fishing tournament on Saturday, April 21, 2012. Tournament headquarters were at the Potter Building at the Sarasota County Fairgrounds. The tournament features a catch-photo-release format for snook, redfish and trout with anglers using identical boxes of lures or flies that are provided.  Numerous fishing lure manufacturers and local fly tiers donated lures and flies for the tackle boxes.   
120 anglers participated in the tournament, which also raises money for CCA’s conservation projects. Sponsors of the event were Columbia Sportswear, Mangrove Coast Fly Fishers, New Pass Grill and Bait Shop, CB’s Saltwater Outfitters, Economy Tackle and Piper, Hawkins and Co.

Angler Divison

Grand Slam                              72.5” (snook, red & trout)       Doug Fisher, Sarasota, FL
Grand Slam runner up               67.75” (snook, red & trout)     Capt. Ray Markham, Terra Ceia, FL
Largest Trout                            24”                                          Rick Miller, Sarasota, FL
Largest Red                              31.5”                                       Monte Woods, Bradenton, FL
Reds-total inches                      189.75                                     Robert Brown, Venice, FL
Reds-total inches runner up       158.25”                                    Rusty Driver, Sarasota, FL
Trout-total inches                      171”                                        Tim Bazell, Bradenton, FL
Trout-total inches runner up       156.5”                                     Lonnie Miller, Sarasota, FL

Fly Fishing Division

Fly Champion                          42.5” (red & trout)                   Capt. Andy Cotton, Sarasota, FL
Snook-total inches                   50.25”                                     Justin Hamblett, Sarasota, FL
Trout-total inches                     45”                                          Brent Wilson, Sarasota, FL
Reds-total inches                     22”                                          Capt. Scott Dalton, Bradenton, FL

Ladies Division

Largest Trout                           19.5”                                       Vicki Reed, Land O’Lakes, FL
Largest Red                             24.5”                                       Mona McGregor, Clearwater, FL
JOIN CCA if you take our sport and our environment seriously...

Re: CCA All Release Challenge Fly Division Winner! 1 year 11 months ago #26160

• Counsel
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 14
Good post, and glad to hear the Sarasota Tournament went so well. Gary, we may be having some CCA member events in the near future. Similar to the original happy hour you guys did at Channelside Hooters. I'll keep you and the site posted.
The following user(s) said Thank You: poyssick

Re: CCA All Release Challenge Fly Division Winner! 1 year 11 months ago #26161

• DavidT
  • Thank you received: 297
Counsel wrote:
I'll keep you and the site posted.
Please do
If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles. -Doug Larson

Re: CCA All Release Challenge Fly Division Winner! 1 year 11 months ago #26164

• crboggs
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 211
I fished the Tampa CCA chapter's all release tourney out of Ft Desoto last fall.

Had a load of fun and I'm still using some of the lures and other gear that we were given. Highly recommend it to anyone thinking about it. I'll be out there again in 2012.
-Chris
Tampa FL
1995 Mako 181 Flats

Re: CCA All Release Challenge Fly Division Winner! 1 year 11 months ago #26166

• poyssick
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Publisher
  • Gary Poyssick, Publisher
  • Thank you received: 303
Hey Counsel. I have an idea.

Why don't you and me do a thing together? We will endorse membership in both the CCA and the RFA at the same event. You talk about conservation and we might get Rodney smith to participate probably. And fowa.

I will talk about fishing politics. About PEW, Ocean, EDF, NOAA and fishing rights. We could have 1,000 people show up if we do it together. The mayor of mad beach will be there too. I could bet on it.

The Recreational Fishing Alliance' Executive Director Jimmy Donifrio is having a four hour meeting with Governor Romney and members of the house and senate today. They are talking about the Magnuson. As soon as I have details this will be the first place they are posted in detail. The Magnuson is on the block thanks to our members, but the greens still want to protect those snook rights. They are not going away, believe me. Magnuson is in trouble, though, and with it catch shares. Jimmy has talked to Romney dozens of time about it. This meeting is letting Barney frank out f the closet, so to speak' and since he is not running anymore he is now willing totally the truth about the environmental left, and the role they have played in Fishery Management for the past twenty years. This should be fun. A gathering would help the environment and wake a lot of people up. CCA members should know what is going on from the source - jimmy Donifrio. :)

We are supporting Mitt for President. When governor of Massachusetts he helped begin a series of law suits aimed at NOAA over the Magnusson and it's impact on commercial and recreational fisheries in Massachusetts. The enviros put their entire world out of business, you see, and he felt it as governor. They ignore socio economic impact as outlined in the Magnusson and break the law. That is why we are not allowed to catch the abundant grouper and red snapper.

Let's only hope that Rubio is picked as VP. He grew up catching snooookies. And loved the book skinny. I can tell you that he knows what is happening in madeira beach.

So what do you say, Counsel. You want to do something serious together?

I would wager that national says no way. For some strange reason almost to a single person anglers do not think that membership in the top conservation group and a group fighting solely for the purpose of using comparative, not precautionary science is worth $30. They buy incense, magical juice, and plastic icons with hooks attached for $30' but they see no value in CCA Florida and RFA.

Weird.
JOIN CCA if you take our sport and our environment seriously...