The Online Fisherman Forums :: Topic: Fishing Clubs and the Classroom (1/1)
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Fishing Clubs and the Classroom

Fishing Clubs and the Classroom 2 years 4 months ago #27040

• poyssick
  • Publisher
  • Gary Poyssick, Publisher
  • Thank you received: 330
Could we start to identify people here that are members of local fishing clubs? Or not local?

Here is why. One of the next classes we are going to do is called "Skinny; How to Fish in Shallow Saltwater". It will be held at the Tampa Fishing Outfitter's classroom. I thought that if we could get a couple of clubs interested, we would be willing to donate a skinny book to a club for passing around to their members if one of their reps would come to the class.

We want to help clubs, for obvious reasons. We will help them with private (for them only and moderated by them) forums on our servers, and we will offer classes at their locations by our educational staff. Starting with me doing the class on skinny-water fishing.

The class is going to be free with custom course materials, but the second edition of the book is being worked on now and will not be done by the time I start doing this class.

The class will be towards July. I will teach the course myself. It has been a while since I have taught a class, but I think I still have it in me. I have actually been allowed to teach on college campuses. That was before I joined the Tea Party though.
JOIN CCA if you take our sport and our environment seriously...
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Fishing Clubs and the Classroom 2 years 4 months ago #27045

• barrynfla
  • Thank you received: 548
Gary, I belong to the O'Brien's Fishing Club. Each of the three O'Brien's locations, Tampa, Brandon and Plant City has their own chapter. Mike Murray (reeltherapyinshorefishingcharters.com) is the head guy for the Tampa chapter.

Barry
Retired.......no boss, no clock, no worries, no money
The administrator has disabled public write access.