The Online Fisherman Forums :: Topic: Team Needed... (1/1)
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Team Needed...

Team Needed... 2 years 3 months ago #27103

• poyssick
  • Publisher
  • Gary Poyssick, Publisher
  • Thank you received: 326
I want to do a two-hour session called "Why is Recreational Fishing Illegal in Germany?".

Would anybody come? I need to do it fast. Real fast. Like in the next ten days fast.

It will not only be about Germany. It will cost $40 to be on the team. You will leave with a t-Shirt. And an attitude and an action plan.

We are going to stop at 12. I need a team of 12 people. I will be one. Not the leader. The leader will be chosen from the group. We will have a 13th in the event somebody drops out.

Those 12 people will be required to do things. First and foremost, attend an online webinar once a month. And do research online, and chat with fellow team members whenever an issue comes up. We'll probably do it on a private forum.

This is something very, very important. Details will be provided at the session. Very important details. If you decide to attend you will sign a non-disclosure before I say a word.
JOIN CCA if you take our sport and our environment seriously...
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Team Needed... 2 years 3 months ago #27129

• CaptJack_1
  • Practice "catch & release", it will grow on you...
  • Thank you received: 68
Sounds as though the pot is going to be stirred.
If so, I'm in!
I've been good for too long, lol!
Pork chops, feral dogs....you know where this is going, lol....

Re: Team Needed... 2 years 3 months ago #27180

• poyssick
  • Publisher
  • Gary Poyssick, Publisher
  • Thank you received: 326
Thank you sir. And yes, this is essentially Sal Alinski Community Awareness on Steroids. FIshy, smelly steroids. You know that Sal used to feed people so much food they would "evacuate like infants". It was a way he interrupted corporate meetings. Or whatever he felt like distrupting.

I have my eyes on the Gulf of Mexico and the South Atlantic Fishery Management Councils. No fouling the chairs, though. Just letting them know that there are fishermen and women that are not on the PEW payroll, and not from Destin, Florida. People who vote. I tell people that fishing is illegal in Germany and they think I am nuts. The whackos that succeeded in Europe while fisherman sat around pulling their Gulp!s are based here in the US. Not there -- here in the US. They have every day names.

The forty bucks is nothing but membership in the RFA. All funds collected from Florida are gonna stay in Florida. And we have something about to happen (hopefully) in July that will make national television. And I need a small group of people aware of what we're up to, what is gonna happen, and what we can all do to make it happen somewhat louder than it will all by itself.

I can say we're shopping for venues. And they have to accomodate 15,000 anglers in each facility. And we are shopping for three of them. We are going to shake the halls with this one. So one at a time I need all the help I can get. What I have on my mind I will do alone if that is what it takes. Now I am not alone anymore, so thanks.

And I will share a few of my Blue-Helmet-Piercing rounds with all attendees. That should bring a few out of the closet of fear :)
JOIN CCA if you take our sport and our environment seriously...