The Online Fisherman Forums :: Topic: Missing tarpon anglers (1/1)
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Missing tarpon anglers

Missing tarpon anglers 2 years 3 months ago #28209

• poyssick
  • Publisher
  • Gary Poyssick, Publisher
  • Thank you received: 330
Next weekend we will fish the beaches. I am hoping to prefish this week but if anybody here gets a change to fish Egmont or Ana Maria or outside the saint Pete beaches and sees fish, could you let us know? I do not want to pile up on Egmont, but we could easily check it out on our way in. There should be fish's all over the saint Pete beaches and we could scan three miles of beaches with four boats, and once any one boat finds the fish and determines what direction they are moving in we will be able to work together and get on the fish.

There will be fish caught under that bridge, however, from now until the water temps fall below 78 F. Any one of you now know how to anchor in those light lines.

You know how to cach bait. You know the importance of dead bait. You know the importance of naturally providing live bait at three different places in the columns.

And you now how to release a boat.

You all need time on the water. Nothing more. There are other tips, but the basics - most important anchoring, being prepared, and releasing the boat - make tarpon anglers out of people. Any boat that did not jump a fish could have jumped four. It is luck, behavior, and fish. But the basics remain the same for that kind of fishing. Next week we will move to site casting. And I will keep this happening for ten years if we have too. Until every member of this family catches them.

g
JOIN CCA if you take our sport and our environment seriously...
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Missing tarpon anglers 2 years 3 months ago #28215

• CaptJack_1
  • Practice "catch & release", it will grow on you...
  • Thank you received: 70
Any more Thursday night "classes" @ TFO?

Anything scheduled re-Upper/Old Tampa Bay tarpon???
For us small boat or kayak types, LOL?
Pork chops, feral dogs....you know where this is going, lol....

Re: Missing tarpon anglers 2 years 3 months ago #28224

• cwegescheide
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 36
Hey Captain Jack you have a PM. :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: CaptJack_1