The Online Fisherman Forums :: Topic: Tarpon Fishing June 16 (1/1)
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Tarpon Fishing June 16

Tarpon Fishing June 16 2 years 1 month ago #28631

• kneedeep
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 2
Here we go again !! Tarpon Fishing for Saturday I will be able to make it this week. I believe that we will be Targeting the Bridges this week, unless the group wants to hit the Anna Maria, Egmont area. Gary said he had a report of tarpon on the Gandy. so if thats the best bet, then we'll go there. If that is the case I would like ot Launch at the gandy ramp next to the FWC headquaters(East side of Gandy) It will be me, Gary, Chris, and Who ever needs to get on the boat. I would like to get someone from the class who wanted to go, but I still am not hearing from anyone who has not gone. If that is the case, I would like to bring someone. Like last time I will give a window to those who previously signed up to go. Let's do 48 hours. If there is not a 4th spot fill be 10 am thurs I will fill it. I understand that have other priorities but , please get in touch with gary or myself if you are, or know someone who was in the class who has not gone and wants to go.

Also Like last time, I will have about 10 rod spots open on the boat. 2 coolers for food and drink. PLEASE NO GLASS BOTTLES. Limited space for tackle so please limit what you bring. All you should need to bring is a Rod for arpon and maybe a med weight spinning for bait, Leader 40, 60 and 80 lb. Weights, split shot #3 and some 2 ounce tear dop shaped for sibiki and a package or two of #8 green sibikis.

Sorry if Im sounding retentive lol. Have a great week hope to see you Saturday.

Captain Jared
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Tarpon Fishing June 16 2 years 1 month ago #28654

• dkknaebel
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
Capt Jared- what time are you wanting to start fishing? Tim, JJ and I are in beautiful marathon right now and we still need to get the fur babies from the puppy hotel on Saturday early am. And I know we will have open spots as Chris won't be able to go
Always ready to fish

Re: Tarpon Fishing June 16 2 years 1 month ago #28656

• kneedeep
  • Expert Boarder
ill talk with gary about the tides. and if we will be fishing the bridges or not and let you know.

Re: Tarpon Fishing June 16 2 years 1 month ago #28698

• hookthis1
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 32
Pm sent captain
Practice CPR... Catch, photograph, release

Re: Tarpon Fishing June 16 2 years 1 month ago #28700

• Carolinaboy11
  • Gold Boarder
Yea there are tarpon on the gandy now. I saw several rolling when I was out there this past sat night. I was just past the channel coming from the Tampa side.
Three-fourths of the Earth’s surface is water, and one-fourth is land. It is quite clear that the good Lord intended us to spend triple the amount of time fishing as taking care of the
lawn.

Re: Tarpon Fishing June 16 2 years 1 month ago #28728

• dkknaebel
  • Expert Boarder
We are down in Marathon right now and at sunset tonight, we got to watch a couple spank a tarpon in no time at all. They even backed right out under the bridge. It was great to watch it and the fight. Gave me a bird's eye view, so to speak.
Always ready to fish

Re: Tarpon Fishing June 16 2 years 1 month ago #28778

• kneedeep
  • Expert Boarder
Hook This 1,Hey I didn't get the message, can you send it again, or give me a call or text 727-946-7007

Re: Tarpon Fishing June 16 2 years 1 month ago #28779

• kneedeep
  • Expert Boarder
I spoke with Gary about and hour ago. He asked me to tell you all he's sorry but has been busy, and he is emailing those in the class who have not gone out to see if they can join us saturday.
We're good to go for the Gandy on Saturday. We will be meeting at Hula Bay (on the east side of the Gandy) at 1130 for lunch before hand. We are going to be fishing the outgoing tide that starts about 1 pm so if you cant make lunch, please join us around 1 to fish. I will head over to the to the Boat ramp at gandy to meet any boats that want to meet before we fish, unless no one shows up or everyone agrees to just go fish!! There have been report of thick pass crabs on the out going tide so bring a net for your boat. I will be bringing frozen shad, and I think that we will be bringing enough to share with other boats.
Same game plan as the Skyway. Bring sibikis to get bait, or get some before. Anchor in the light lines, and be ready to drop the anchor and fight the fish. I will have Gary, myself and my neighbor on board. I will wait for hookthis1 to get back with me if they need to get on a boat. Please let me know ASAP so we get get those who have not gotten a chance to go. I will be working tomorrow (24 hr shift as usual) Please call or text me if you have any questions 727-946-7007 I'll return messages as soon as I can, but within enough time to make plans. Otherwise i'll see those who are going saturday

Re: Tarpon Fishing June 16 2 years 1 month ago #28868

• barrynfla
  • Thank you received: 498
So........did y'all go yesterday? Where? And any action at all? Curious minds want to know. lol
Retired.......no boss, no clock, no worries, no money

Re: Tarpon Fishing June 16 2 years 1 month ago #28875

• dkknaebel
  • Expert Boarder
Barry we went but didn't stay out long. Blowing like crazy. We fished weedon for a bit and then bounces our way back to Gandy to meet Jared. Decided to pack it in. JJ caught a good sized bonnethead shark
Always ready to fish

Re: Tarpon Fishing June 16 2 years 1 month ago #28980

• kneedeep
  • Expert Boarder
We stayed out for a little. Had a great lunch at Hula Bay. The wind wasn't good at all. We tired doing some flats fishing but I couldn't even get set up to throw the the net. We threw some artificials, but still the wind limited us on positioning. We called it after about an hour of failed attempts. Hopefully we can get some done this week, but the weather is already looking like it won't cooperate. Just waiting to see.......