The Online Fisherman Forums :: Topic: freediving (1/1)
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: freediving

freediving 2 years 1 month ago #29304

• acenos
  • Fresh Boarder
Does anyone here do any freediving/spearfishing? I am looking for some guys to buddy up with in the future. I am relatively new at it, although I have a lot of experience and time in the water. Let me know.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: freediving 2 years 1 month ago #29311

• artifishent1
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 12
i dont do much spearfishing anymore and I definitely dont do any freediving, i dont have the lungs anymore, I want to, but am going to have to work on it for a while before I can do it, but it is in my bucket list...However I have a Brownie in the family and also scuba dive so freediving is not necessarily a necessity...I would love to do some more in the future, so any discussions you have I would love to participate in. :thumbsup:

Re: freediving 2 years 1 month ago #29367

• Carolinaboy11
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 2
Well from what I have read so far from this thread and the other about spearfishing I believe us three are the only on here that do it... The three of us should go soon. I have been wanting to try one of the hooka systems... Does it have ability to support three divers?
Three-fourths of the Earth’s surface is water, and one-fourth is land. It is quite clear that the good Lord intended us to spend triple the amount of time fishing as taking care of the
lawn.

Re: freediving 2 years 1 month ago #29369

• artifishent1
  • Platinum Boarder
I actually only have the two regulators but I might be able to borrow one from a family friend that will support three if we get a plan together...I am not sure If they have their regulators altogether....Or maybe one just spots and runs fish back the the boat and then we switch off...We will have to talk about it some more...I have a 13.5 ft boston whaler on a lift in Tierra Verde and If we plan it we could take that to the closer spots off Anna Maria...Just shooting some Ideas around but it sounds good.

Re: freediving 2 years 1 month ago #29447

• acenos
  • Fresh Boarder
Wow, I am in for sure! I have wanted to try a hookah. I am fine with swapping out too, whatever works.

Re: freediving 2 years 1 month ago #29462

• artifishent1
  • Platinum Boarder
i am gonna start putting some feelers out and trying to put this together... I know austin had a decent day off Anna Maria. I just want to shoot something, legal, but pretty much anything will do. I need to get back in the water, and not with a fishing rod in my hand. Not much exercise in walking around a flat working a plug, lol. It will be cool for sure.

Re: freediving 2 years 1 month ago #29473

• ThisGuy
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 30
Has anyone tried to spearfish around the pilings of the Skyway? Or this an absolute horrible idea? I know the current is pretty strong over there but I don't know if it'll over power you with fins, the boat traffic shouldn't be too bad around the pilings though.

Re: freediving 2 years 1 month ago #29474

• ThisGuy
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 30
Nevermind apparently it's illegal to dive within 60 feet of a bridge.

Re: freediving 2 years 4 weeks ago #29577

• Carolinaboy11
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 2
No it is legal to dive around bridges... you just cant dive the span of skyway. You cannot dive within 100 yrds of a public fishing pier. Some dive the skyway but I have not. If I do it will not be until winter for better clarity. The other bad thing about the skyway is it has so many sharks on it...
Three-fourths of the Earth’s surface is water, and one-fourth is land. It is quite clear that the good Lord intended us to spend triple the amount of time fishing as taking care of the
lawn.

Re: freediving 2 years 4 weeks ago #29620

• artifishent1
  • Platinum Boarder
Austin that is what I was gonna say...Skyway=Sharks...all kinds and sizes...Scary to me, reasonably small area and lots of sharks, It is like the shark mecca of the area, in my opinion. I did alot of shark fishing out there when I was a teenager, and was real successful, on some pretty big fish too.