The Online Fisherman Forums :: Topic: Pre-Hubbard's Offshore Trip Pinfish Party! (3/3)
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Pre-Hubbard's Offshore Trip Pinfish Party!

Re: Pre-Hubbard's Offshore Trip Pinfish Party! 2 years 1 month ago #29862

• Sideshow
  • Thank you received: 155
Maximo suck for me and the kid. Caught only 4 or 5 . Packed up and hit Desoto . Me , 2 kids, and my girl caught 4 dozen + big boys :) . Dropped them off at Hubbards and went on the little pier across the bridge there. Packed up another 18 big boys .

Dropped them off and just got home. I pray we have enough to last all of us the whole trip .I will be at Hubbards around 4 am and trying to get more most likely .
Free Reach Arounds :)
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Pre-Hubbard's Offshore Trip Pinfish Party! 2 years 1 month ago #29863

• srchn4salmon
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 3
Very disappointed I'm missing all of this. Hope you guys kill them tomorrow.

Re: Pre-Hubbard's Offshore Trip Pinfish Party! 2 years 1 month ago #29870

• pickgrin
  • Thank you received: 704
My son Ben and I did pretty well at Maximo - He caught about 30 pins and I caught close to 20. Some were little grunts which I bet will be excellent bait for whoever gets them Everyone left and we were still catching them - Had about 10 in my 5 Gal bait bucket w/ aerator - went up to Oneil's Marina - Got 2 dozen of the shrimpiest shrimp I've ever bought and then we headed out and decided to go try the big Tierre Verde bridge. The fishies were loving the tiny shrimp out there We wound up catching 3 Mackeral - a very nice size Mangrove snapper that I threw back, a few jack type fish and 7 or 8 more nice big size pin fish. I tried using 2 pins for bait and Ben tried one also but we didn't get any hits on the pins. We were either catching something or loosing bait on each cast with the shrimp so you can't fight the bite. Once we ran out of teeny shrimps - I asked the guy just down from us who had 3 rods going but didn't seem to be catching anything if he wanted the 2 mackeral we had kept . He seemed quite grateful like he needed it for food maybe - so that felt good. So we headed up to Hubbards and dropped of the 15 or so pins we had with us and headed home. Stopped at Perkins and chowed down on the way. What a great way to spend a day hanging out with your 13 yo. - Tomorrow (which is already today) will be even better. Hope we max out on Gags and ARS :fishing:

Here's a picture of the Macs and one of Ben.

moto_1320.jpg

moto_1319.jpg
"Those who would give up essential Liberty for temporary security deserve neither and will lose both"
Benjamin Franklin