The Online Fisherman Forums :: Topic: American Red Snapper (1/1)
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Representing the Florida Chapter of the Recreational Fishing Alliance (JoinRFA.org)

TOPIC: American Red Snapper

American Red Snapper 1 year 6 months ago #39263

• poyssick
  • Publisher
  • Gary Poyssick, Publisher
  • Thank you received: 326
This year we will be "allowed" to catch AMS for 27 days. Give it three years and we will not be allowed to catch them, and will only be allowed to taste the flesh from foreign waters.

This week the second amendment to the Bill of Rights will be strangled by executive order. If you do not think that my "assault" rifles (they are far less deadly than a deer gun because it's better to wound a soldier then kill him or HER) are connected to the American Red Snapper Season, and the stripping of our freedoms, you are nuts.

It is time for our nation to stand up and say enough is enough. I will fish for snapper, grouper, or whatever the hell i want to fish for whenever and wherever I want to. Regulations are bullshit. Show me the law. The real one. Not the ones they're righting in the middle of the night at harvard. The law.

The second amendment to the Constitution was written so I could protect my own from bad guys. Bad guys are wearing uniforms, too. And they are coming to try and take my guns, and they are telling me that the snapper are more important than my rights to fish for them.

Really?

If my position on what is happening to our nation is something that doesn't belong here, where in hell does it belong? Join the RFA. Or join Dennis' FRA (but do not try to write off your donation). But join somebody. Somebody. Help us or die watching our battle from your bedroom AppleTV. It's the only place you'll be allowed to see fish, too.

poyssick
JOIN CCA if you take our sport and our environment seriously...
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: American Red Snapper 1 year 6 months ago #39265

• crboggs
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 274
Outrageous...people need to make themselves heard on the Gulf Council page:

www.facebook.com/GulfCouncil?fref=ts

This video will make your head explode...

-Chris
Tampa FL
1995 Mako 181 Flats

Re: American Red Snapper 1 year 6 months ago #39282

• dableas
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 6
Ok , that made my head hurt ! Gulf Council? So if too many pounds of fish are caught off the northern Gulf Coast, then the bag limit should be reduced Gulf wide? Brilliant! These are not pelagic fish we are talking about here, so why not make it more local as with the current snook regulations. That I think makes much more sense. I also question their data set. If more ARS are being caught, wouldn't that point to a healthier population? I doubt that there is much of an increase in the number of anglers given the cost of fuel. I don't personally offshore fish, but this #@**es me off.

Re: American Red Snapper 1 year 6 months ago #39305

• pickgrin
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Thank you received: 663
Wow - this is just bullcrap. So according to the video - no matter what happens, recreational fisherpeople will have less access to red snapper than before. And I thought 2012's ARS regulations were ridiculous and totally without merit.....

1 fish per 2 anglers per day limit??? WTF is that? Why would anyone go far enough offshore in the gulf to catch red snapper if 3 people can only keep 1 fish? Options A, B and C all suck! How about option D - Roll back the regulations on ALL fish to 2003 levels and don't create any new restrictions on any species without concrete PROOF that a species is endangered!

What I want to know is this - how can they possibly say that "recreational quotas for ARS were exceeded 5 out of the last 6 years"? There is absolutely no way to know that without checking the coolers of every single boat coming off the water. What a joke. There are more Red Snapper swimming around in the gulf than there have been in some time because of all these restrictions and yet year after year the restrictions get worse.

Gary - I agree with you that all the decreases in our ability to keep fish is directly related to all the other control mechanisms we have seen implemented - particularly in the last 10 years. It seems quite obvious (now that the pesky election is out of the way) - that the President and his "team" are intent on obliterating the 2nd amendment. I don't think they will be able to pull it off. People are waking up to what is happening. The powers that be know that they cannot fully implement the lock down style police state they want - (that we have only just gotten a (bad) taste of so far) with the U.S. population so heavily armed. Armed citizens outnumber the entire US military by well more than 100 to 1. They are going to overplay their hand and bite off more than they can chew with this one - watch and see. In the meantime fellow fishing lovers and US citizens - its high time we start standing up for our Constitutionally guaranteed rights and freedoms - en mass and at every opportunity.
"Those who would give up essential Liberty for temporary security deserve neither and will lose both"
Benjamin Franklin

Re: American Red Snapper 1 year 6 months ago #39306

• k3anderson
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 38
Snook is banned too. 3+ years now. One redfish. It'll all be banned soon enough.