The Online Fisherman Forums :: Topic: Honeymoon Island (1/1)
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Honeymoon Island

Honeymoon Island 2 years 3 months ago #26646

• Parker21
  • Junior Boarder
:angry-cry:

Plenty of white bait in 4 feet of water on the south end of Anclote. After loading up the baitwell we scooted over to Honeymoon. Snook cruising the north end and thick necked reds on the south end. Nothing was interested in my white bait. I'm thinking everybody was full from the full moon party.

Good luck to you guys heading out tonight. I look forward to reading some awesome reports tomorrow.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Honeymoon Island 2 years 3 months ago #26654

• Floridakey
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 17
Sounds like the keys snook. Don't eat much.

Re: Honeymoon Island 2 years 3 months ago #26656

• Germ
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 22
was it crowded out there? I kinda wanna go and try beach fishing for a few hours but dont wanna deal with a lot of ppl.

Re: Honeymoon Island 2 years 3 months ago #26661

• Eggsuckindog
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 18
You were just too early - you should have waited around until the moon rose to appox 9:30 in the sky, they would have eaten the bottom out of the boat for an hour - just say'in

after that hour go home - oh and BTW, white bait will catch smaller fish - pins will catch the big ones
Any way you measure it - dumbass is expensive

Re: Honeymoon Island 2 years 3 months ago #26666

• Parker21
  • Junior Boarder
Germ, on the weekends between 12:00 and 4:00 it will be crowded with leasure boaters.

Thanks egg suckn dog. Out with the kids yesterday so had to take what I could get. Hoping for a big boy trip tonight. Wish us luck.

Re: Honeymoon Island 2 years 3 months ago #26688

• crboggs
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 287
Eggsuckindog wrote:
You were just too early - you should have waited around until the moon rose to appox 9:30 in the sky, they would have eaten the bottom out of the boat for an hour - just say'in

after that hour go home - oh and BTW, white bait will catch smaller fish - pins will catch the big ones

That's exactly what I saw at Honeymoon Saturday night. Snook tails all over the place and a girl about 20 yards down the beach catching one about as long as her leg. Then it was like someone flipped a switch and turned EVERYTHING off.

Gotta figure out the sweet spots (solunar, tide, sunrise, sunset) and be ready with bait.
-Chris
Tampa FL
1995 Mako 181 Flats