• Page:

TOPIC: The Dark Line!!

Re: The Dark Line!! 1 year 11 months ago #27223

• stormy
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 5
Eggsuckindog wrote:
DavidT wrote:
That's interesting...you mean when the moon is at 9:30 or when the clock is at 9:30?

actually it kinda close to both - the full moon night is usually kinda dead? - the days leading up are the best - looking at the moon as it rises to about 9:30 in the sky - after an hour or so it seems you can go home? I have stayed many a night and NADA after it is well up - don't ask me just know it works

some nights the moon is already up before sunset and well past the 930 angle when dark and some nights it doesn't come up until way late. I've fished MANY a night this yr lol and I haven't noticed that but maybe it's because if you have an early moon and the currently flowing away from the moon light at that angle in the water they may think they are more hidden as opposed to when the moon gets high and lights the water up... i dunno... and yes I was sober writing that lol

I'm going to have to get out there and fly fish a beach at night, anyone wanna go?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: The Dark Line!! 1 year 10 months ago #27233

• crboggs
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 211
Eggsuckindog wrote:
DavidT wrote:
That's interesting...you mean when the moon is at 9:30 or when the clock is at 9:30?

actually it kinda close to both - the full moon night is usually kinda dead? - the days leading up are the best - looking at the moon as it rises to about 9:30 in the sky - after an hour or so it seems you can go home? I have stayed many a night and NADA after it is well up - don't ask me just know it works

That matches our experience on the Super Moon night pretty closely. There was a ton of action in the shallow surf for about 45 minutes right around dusk but then it shut off completely.
-Chris
Tampa FL
1995 Mako 181 Flats

Re: The Dark Line!! 1 year 10 months ago #27245

• Eggsuckindog
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 18
it was in reference to the week leading up to the full moon - I am aware the moonrises at different times during the month
Any way you measure it - dumbass is expensive

Re: The Dark Line!! 1 year 10 months ago #27260

• Flaswimbaiter
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 77
This applies to freshwater too, the days leading up seem to be better.

Re: The Dark Line!! 1 year 10 months ago #27261

• Eggsuckindog
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 18
Flaswimbaiter wrote:
This applies to freshwater too, the days leading up seem to be better.

I almost think solunars work better in freshwater than salt - when I lived on Lake Keystone I began to check after I got back and they were very good - maybe lack of tides?

I also noted that the actual night of the full moon was sometime rather dead? - but I would stay out sometimes till 2 and we wouldn't get another bite after 11 or 12 whereever the moon was
Any way you measure it - dumbass is expensive
  • Page: