The Online Fisherman Forums :: Topic: Proud Father (1/1)
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Proud Father

Proud Father 2 years 1 month ago #29097

I'm just really excited and proud to be able to share this report with everyone! Please keep in mind that all fish was released properly. It happened on Friday 6/15/12 @ 6pm out going tide . I wanted to take my 3year old daughter fishing for the first time! I figured my cousins dock in Shore Acres would be best with about a dozen of shrimp and a size 1 circle hook! So I cast her line out there and left the drag really loose so she doesn't go flying in with the pole if she happen to have a monster on it.

10 mins later FISH on and it took drag like a Champ!! I ran over there and tighten down the drag and held the rod with only a couple of fingers, so she can feel the fish tug back. As the fish came closer to the dock and I can get a glimpse of this fish. I was like NO WAY filled with excitement that my daughter first fish was....

SNOOK she was only 14 inches but still my daughter having a snook as her first fish can't beat that! So after successfully releasing this beautiful fish couple cast later 20 mins down. Her line takes drag again! She was extremely excited screaming out the words "big fish daddy! big fish!" so as I help her
bring this fish closer.. I was in just in AWE..

REDFISH! I know she was only 10 inches but still not a bad start! she's not as scared this time of the fish lol! After a little sprinkle from the rain we decided to run back out and give it another shot.. I was already a proud father! Last cast of the day before we called it a night the drag goes screaming again this time I had to help her fight the fish even more and guess what... U GOTTA BE KIDDING ME!!!

18 inch TROUT!! a GRAND SLAM!! I could never ever dreamt of more better day then today!! I'm a very proud father and proud of what everyone is doing to help preserve our fishery so maybe one day my daughter can get another memorable grand slam!
i'm about that life!
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Proud Father 2 years 1 month ago #29098

• yelladevil17
  • Thank you received: 60
Great story man! She's already accomplished something I've yet to do...catch a slam! Good for her! haha

Re: Proud Father 2 years 1 month ago #29099

• ThisGuy
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 30
LOL I've been fishing hardcore for the last 2 years and still haven't slammed. That's amazing! If she only knew.

Re: Proud Father 2 years 1 month ago #29100

• IntimiGator
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 27
This report was sweet over there and is even sweeter over here. :thumbsup:

Welcome

Re: Proud Father 2 years 1 month ago #29101

• Flat_Top
  • Platinum Boarder
  • When we going fishing?
  • Thank you received: 16
That is awesome. Great job dad.
Sell Your Stuff, Keep The Dog, Live On An Island
Howard Livingston & Mile Marker 24 Band
Beer Can Collection

Re: Proud Father 2 years 1 month ago #29102

• artifishent1
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 12
put her on the team poppa....she is a natural. could be luck, seems like talent, you have every right to be PROUD! I dont know when her birthday is but, she needs a tarpon trip...LOL just kidding, but if she is on the boat, you could have yourself a heck of a good luck charm. Excellent story and nice pictures.

Re: Proud Father 2 years 1 month ago #29106

• DanTheMan
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 10
Epic dude.

My daughter is slacking, she needs lessons from your kid...
Wade the flats for r/s/st/f with greenbacks or chubs on a Carolina rig. Moving between spots, I like to throw gold spoons or topwater (in the morning). Throw soft plastics on a 1/8th jighead (z-man minnowz) for flounder and trout in the winter. Kayak fish also, troll a spoon or lipped Rapala...

Re: Proud Father 2 years 1 month ago #29107

• hookthis1
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 32
That is awesome! Next time I go fishing i'm taking you guys with me lol!
Practice CPR... Catch, photograph, release

Re: Proud Father 2 years 1 month ago #29114

• FishHawk
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 23
YOU gotta be kiddin' me.

You must be the greatest mentor/father ever. She slams off a dock while most of us spent a lifetime and never did it.

Thanks for the story and pictures.
"There are hunters and there are victims. By your discipline, cunning, obedience and alertness, you will decide if you are a hunter or a victim."
Gen. Mattis

Re: Proud Father 2 years 1 month ago #29119

• cwegescheide
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 34
Dang! That would be tough to get out fished by a sweet little 3yr old! That's crazy!!! Gotta be the coolest report I've read... I bet that hasn't happened too often..
:thumbsup:

Re: Proud Father 2 years 1 month ago #29120

thanks! she's just a very lucky girl...i'm pretty sure this is going to be one of the stories I will always talk about thru out her life...and she's going end up getting annoyed lol! really dad this story again?
i'm about that life!