The Online Fisherman Forums :: Topic: hyatt courtney campbell conditions (1/2)
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: hyatt courtney campbell conditions

hyatt courtney campbell conditions 2 years 3 weeks ago #29708

• artifishent1
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 12
the water is definitely clearing up, if you are on the rocks it is real murky but if you wade out some it clears up nicely...about 80% clarity i would guess, today on the mirromullet xl I got like ten trout mostlly small, one nice one about 19in and on the super spook jr(bone) I landed another 9 or 10 and tried some jigs with some luck but got tired of getting the tails bit off so I switched to the mirrodine mini and got another 4 or 5 trout and got whacked but no hook up on what I would guess was a snook because of the size and sound of the bust. Also got like 10 or so lady fish and a small jack on the topwater...the flats are coming back to life my friends :thumbsup: so good luck to anyone that is headed out that way . there was some, not too much, floating weeds though but enough to get annoying, however less than before...If you are going I would plan on wading or not being too successful.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: hyatt courtney campbell conditions 2 years 3 weeks ago #29714

• Tesilential
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 17
Nice report! I remember reading you post yesterday that you would be going there this morning.

I am interested in fishing that area starting around 6:30-7pm one day this week. Where do you park when you fish there?

Re: hyatt courtney campbell conditions 2 years 3 weeks ago #29717

• artifishent1
  • Platinum Boarder
on the south east side of the CCC right by the hyatt there is a long shoulder that you can park on...if you are heading from tampa west there is a turn off as soon as you start heading west on the CCC, if you are coming from St. Pete the first right after you pass the Rocky point area is toward the Hyatt Regency and the shoulder will be on your left after the exit from the CCC. If you look at the Fishy Spot maps here on the site there is a white line showing where to park /fish near the Hyatt...Good Luck

Re: hyatt courtney campbell conditions 2 years 3 weeks ago #29725

• barrynfla
  • Thank you received: 493
Jeremy......I went out after you left and fished from the rocks. Lots and lots of grass pushed up near them by the west wind. I used a weedless Johnson gold spoon and caught a small jack. That was it. Fished all the way down to the small bridge and was getting dehydrated and too hot so didn't go any further. It really is much cooler to wade. I didn't realize it and didn't bring any water. I didn't even last two hours! B)

You are absolutely correct.......the water by the rocks is murky and I saw little activity of any sort.....not even many mullet. Wading is the way to go there now.
Retired.......no boss, no clock, no worries, no money

Re: hyatt courtney campbell conditions 2 years 3 weeks ago #29733

• stormy
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 5
I hit the other side thurs night after a photoshoot about midnight, lost 1 small snook, had a big snook come crashing onto the beach after my lure but missed, a couple of ladys and a decent redfish about 20" or so

Re: hyatt courtney campbell conditions 2 years 3 weeks ago #29734

• barrynfla
What do you mean by the other side, Dave? The north side or the west side near Rocky Point? What kind of lure were you using?

Re: hyatt courtney campbell conditions 2 years 3 weeks ago #29736

• artifishent1
  • Platinum Boarder
if dave was referring to the northeast side...You can walk down to the area from Skyway Recreational Sports Complex....I have heard that , that area is really good in the winter time, you can supposedly walk just outside the mangroves that line the eastern edge of the canal that runs north and south to cast across to the docks and also cast parallel along the mangroves, I haven't personally done it but have heard its good, live shrimp probably would kill out there. I am looking forward to the cooler months to try it out. I have seen some people fishing on that side of the causeway near the end of the CCC but wouldn't imagine it would be good this time of the year. I have also heard that farther down to the west on the north side is good. But I just like to stick to my area, until I need to try other areas and I know that to find new, good "spots" you have to try them, but I have had a hard time trying to park anywhere else and am afraid to get a ticket...I cant afford it. I know im not gonna get a ticket where I park now. So I just try and figure it out when I get out there, If i can wade and seem to need to, I do.

Re: hyatt courtney campbell conditions 2 years 3 weeks ago #29737

I will be out there tomorrow. I picked up the spook jr. i am gonna try and get out there real early tomorrow.
"Give a man a fish and you will feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you'll feed him for a lifetime!"

Re: hyatt courtney campbell conditions 2 years 3 weeks ago #29738

• artifishent1
  • Platinum Boarder
I am gonna go again at like 8 and stay til like ten I had enough action to keep me busy so I want to go again, little trout and the other trash are still bending my rod so I wanna take advantage...it was pretty steady action

Re: hyatt courtney campbell conditions 2 years 3 weeks ago #29752

see you out there
"Give a man a fish and you will feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you'll feed him for a lifetime!"

Re: hyatt courtney campbell conditions 2 years 2 weeks ago #29869

• stormy
  • Expert Boarder
barrynfla wrote:
What do you mean by the other side, Dave? The north side or the west side near Rocky Point? What kind of lure were you using?

I think i was on sw side... driving from clearwater to tampa there is a beach area on right and a college on left, the beach was closed for storm so no one there.

I was using zoom flukes and got the red on a 4" riptide mullet in glow

IMG_5913.JPG

Re: hyatt courtney campbell conditions 2 years 2 weeks ago #29871

• barrynfla
Gotcha, Dave, and thanks. You were at the Clearwater end of the CCC. I've seen the beach but, of course, there are usually people there. Good to know there are fish there. I know from Dave W's posts that you like the fluke. Never tried them but I might pick up a package or two and try 'em out.

Re: hyatt courtney campbell conditions 2 years 2 weeks ago #29966

• stormy
  • Expert Boarder
barrynfla wrote:
Gotcha, Dave, and thanks. You were at the Clearwater end of the CCC. I've seen the beach but, of course, there are usually people there. Good to know there are fish there. I know from Dave W's posts that you like the fluke. Never tried them but I might pick up a package or two and try 'em out.

The flukes are killer especially the pearl white zoom ones... catch everything

Re: hyatt courtney campbell conditions 2 years 2 weeks ago #29968

• artifishent1
  • Platinum Boarder
Back in High School I used the pink zoom super flukes and did real well with the snook. I like the zoom flukes, they seem to have the right length and good action.

Re: hyatt courtney campbell conditions 2 years 2 weeks ago #30030

• stormy
  • Expert Boarder
pink is my other color and if I just started trying the big 7" magnum ones and those have been killers!!

I was fishing the coffee pot bayou this morning and had on a big magnum and was between two docks that were really close together (like 10 yards) and cast down the shadow line and had my rod tip down on water (was standing on sea wall) and lure was about 5 ft from rod tip and I guess there was a big ole snook sitting right in front of me... I musta stopped right behind it... but OMG!!! that magnum just got blasted by that classic snook blast n pop... scared the holy bejesus outta me! was awesome lol... of course I lost it but was still cool.

Been using that in the mangroves, under docks and on the bridges and it never fails.
  • Page: