Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: hyatt courtney campbell conditions

Re: hyatt courtney campbell conditions 1 year 9 months ago #30032

• artifishent1
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 12
good to hear i am not the only one who thinks pink is a good color for snook. I always like to hear that others have the same luck or experience with specific lures. I actually have had a magnum fluke in the arkansas shiner color in my wading pack but have been reluctant to tie it on...I guess now I will have to try it. I used to fish coffee pot alot as a teenager but now I live in tampa and stay around this area, nice to hear that it still holds fish.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: hyatt courtney campbell conditions 1 year 9 months ago #30040

• stormy
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 5
Pink is a great color and the reds love it too, snookmiester(on other board) even caught a huge flounder on a pink one the other night.

The magnums are the bomb tho if you can find them, the snook seem to really get aggressive on them.

Poons really like them too! I got a pack of those big 10" hogeys and havent gotten a snook yet on one but I slithered one across the shadowline on one of the smaller skyway bridges the other night and big poon just shot up and absolutely crushed it & I was on bridge looking down and saw it come up and everything... was unreal

Re: hyatt courtney campbell conditions 1 year 9 months ago #30058

• groupernugget
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 6
Careful wading out there boys, I walk out to the seawall next to rusty pelican for my smoke breaks every day and have been seeing some BIG fins poking out lately. I'm thinking 8'+ bull sharks...

Re: hyatt courtney campbell conditions 1 year 9 months ago #30059

• FishinFoy$1
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 41
I have been wading that area for a solid 5 years now very and I have only run into one big shark I have caught a bunch of bonet heads and Black tips but nothing crazy

Re: hyatt courtney campbell conditions 1 year 9 months ago #30063

• artifishent1
  • Platinum Boarder
what area specifically were you in James when you ran into the big one... and how far from the edge of the flat were you...like how close to the channel/drop-off were you. i am interested....and did you get to ID the shark, what species was it?

Re: hyatt courtney campbell conditions 1 year 9 months ago #30067

:angry-rain: Conditions out there absolutely suck. I fished cypress today. North and south side. The water is turned up horribly and there is a ton of grass on top in large bulks. I spent about 5 hours out there and caught 1 quality trout around 24". at least it wasn't a total skunk of a day.
"Give a man a fish and you will feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you'll feed him for a lifetime!"

Re: hyatt courtney campbell conditions 1 year 9 months ago #30069

• barrynfla
  • Thank you received: 385
Thanks for the report, Rob. That's a real nice trout but it's disappointing to know the water is still stirred up and the grass is still around. I would suspect the CCC around the Hyatt wouldn't be much different, but hope I'm wrong.
Retired.......no boss, no clock, no worries, no money

Re: hyatt courtney campbell conditions 1 year 9 months ago #30070

I was at the ccc a couple days ago and it was stirred up real bad and grass every where there as well. i think if we get a good week without any storms, the water clarity will get better. The fats have just been getting a beating ever since Debby came stompin through.
"Give a man a fish and you will feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you'll feed him for a lifetime!"

Re: hyatt courtney campbell conditions 1 year 9 months ago #30071

I also waded al the way to the oyster catchers dock from the north side of cypress and saw no hopes for any clear water. and the grass was getting worse the closer i got to the Hyatt.

Re: hyatt courtney campbell conditions 1 year 9 months ago #30072

• artifishent1
  • Platinum Boarder
I fished the same path on mon. and had five snook blow up my topwater but no hook ups...tryin again tomorrow, the water was stirred up and still had some hits so. I aint skeered. not too much weeds tho.

Re: hyatt courtney campbell conditions 1 year 9 months ago #30074

I will be out there tomorrow but i think I'm going to try a slightly different area. I'm gonna work the oystures and rock structure over by Rocky point. From there I'm going to work the grass flats on the west side of all of them buildings out there. I used to work that area a lot and have had a lot of quality fish. we'll see ho it is now.

Re: hyatt courtney campbell conditions 1 year 9 months ago #30075

• artifishent1
  • Platinum Boarder
what time are you getting out?

Re: hyatt courtney campbell conditions 1 year 9 months ago #30076

• artifishent1
  • Platinum Boarder
and are any of your fishing partners going with you?

Re: hyatt courtney campbell conditions 1 year 9 months ago #30077

• artifishent1
  • Platinum Boarder
I was also wondering if you guys did any good the last time I saw you out there and moved to the area the birds were working?
  • Page: