Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Weedy Beaches!!!

Weedy Beaches!!! 1 year 8 months ago #30609

• colibri2
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 9
Man, I haven't been to the beaches fishing for a while...since these storms and westerly winds have been around. I went this moring, just for giggles. What a MESS! Up and down the beach, as far as I could see, dead weeds of some sort (kelp or ?) in a swath maybe 12-15' wide,patches of it out in the water and then a ton of it just floating in/out with the waves., Had a couple of hits from Ladyfish but that's it. Hope this stuff leaves quickly..havent seen that ever in the almost 5 years I've been fishing these beaches in Venice.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Weedy Beaches!!! 1 year 8 months ago #30610

• Lostmans1
  • Thank you received: 208
someone gotta mow the lawn!
Team BF

Re: Weedy Beaches!!! 1 year 8 months ago #30615

• DavidT
  • Thank you received: 297
Yeah it's been bad out of Belleair Beach also...tons of weeds. Every cast I had to clean my lure
If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles. -Doug Larson

Re: Weedy Beaches!!! 1 year 8 months ago #30630

• stormy
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 5
DavidT wrote:
Yeah it's been bad out of Belleair Beach also...tons of weeds. Every cast I had to clean my lure

you were using a lure? :laughing:

Re: Weedy Beaches!!! 1 year 8 months ago #30633

• AndyS
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Andrew Schoener
  • Thank you received: 228
colibri2 wrote:
Man, I haven't been to the beaches fishing for a while...since these storms and westerly winds have been around. I went this moring, just for giggles. What a MESS! Up and down the beach, as far as I could see, dead weeds of some sort (kelp or ?) in a swath maybe 12-15' wide,patches of it out in the water and then a ton of it just floating in/out with the waves., Had a couple of hits from Ladyfish but that's it. Hope this stuff leaves quickly..havent seen that ever in the almost 5 years I've been fishing these beaches in Venice.
Rick, have you tried the DOA Shrimp? FOR ME, it's the best lure to work in the dead weeds. But I hear you, when weeds get on your, that makes it tough. The weeds should be settleing to the bottom/dark spots soon. That makes beach fishing good FOR ME.
Andrew Schoener

Re: Weedy Beaches!!! 1 year 8 months ago #30634

• DavidT
  • Thank you received: 297
stormy wrote:
DavidT wrote:

you were using a lure? :laughing:

:laughing: I hate them but I've been using them on the beaches when I go with my family every Sunday cause I can never find any good bait...
If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles. -Doug Larson

Re: Weedy Beaches!!! 1 year 8 months ago #30635

• colibri2
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 9
Andy...I was using a DOA Shad tail. I DO use DOA Shrimp, but mostly in the winter for flounder. These days I use either a Johnson Gold Minnow (snook/trout/reds) int he ICW or a DOA Shad Tail off the beaches. Although today a few of us are going out to Egmont Key. Gals are shelling but I'll be fishing and may try the DOA Shrimp as well. Take care!