The Online Fisherman Forums :: Topic: Ballast Point Red not from the pier (1/1)
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Ballast Point Red not from the pier

Ballast Point Red not from the pier 2 years 4 weeks ago #31067

• augiford
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 40
IMG_0308.JPG

I went to Ballast Point early Sat morning with my oldest daughter. I was waiting waiting for one of fishing buddies with his two daughters to go fishing at Macdill. While waiting, I did some top water fishing between the mangoves. The mullet where all over the place with feeding activity. After about 10 minutes with no blowups or rolls, this 30" red hammered my skitterwatter. It took me a few minutes to get it in, there are a lot of rocks around so I had to keep my rod tip high. My daughter had good time watching a big fish be caught.
As for Macdill, we did not have great action, except for a snook, my buddy lost, that came off jumping like a tarpon. The tide was coming in super high. It seems there has be some great action in the afternoon with an incoming tide of redfish,trout, snook, and jacks. If anyone has the connection of getting on base to fish, you should definitely do it. There is a point south of the piers to fish aroung and to wade out.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Ballast Point Red not from the pier 2 years 4 weeks ago #31077

That is definitely a nice fish. Hopefully i can pull on one of those that size this week.
"Give a man a fish and you will feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you'll feed him for a lifetime!"
The administrator has disabled public write access.