The Online Fisherman Forums :: Topic: A Memory For Kansas (1/1)
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: A Memory For Kansas

A Memory For Kansas 2 years 1 week ago #31804

• FishHawk
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 23
Friend Daryl Johnson came from Kansas today. He's "delivering" his daughter, Kaila, to school in Lakeland. They only had one day and wanted a memory.

Mother nature was a ...

With two 30"+ fish the last two days I figured it would be slow and the weather had me near stopped. Ducked rains and wind. There was little lightening and literally no bite.

I'm not the most pleasant person when there's no bite and sometimes when there is. Short and ordinary fish don't make a memory. I was fighting the nasties when a rainbow of light appeared.

Moved to the rainbow because I know a large chunk of "junk" about right under the end. There might be a big fish there and I really told them that.

Glad Daryl is a big guy with fishing experience. He went to battle and did things right. Today he made a memory to take back to Kansas. Made me smile because Daryl makes big fish small. Meet 30"+ #8 for me the past few weeks inside Tampa Bay.

Time for a little break in the action.
"There are hunters and there are victims. By your discipline, cunning, obedience and alertness, you will decide if you are a hunter or a victim."
Gen. Mattis
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: A Memory For Kansas 2 years 1 week ago #31823

• DavidT
  • Thank you received: 298
;-[]- Amazing
If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles. -Doug Larson

Re: A Memory For Kansas 2 years 1 week ago #31842

• FishHawk
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 23
What amazed me is how little that fish looks compared to Daryl. That fish was larger than yours. Bet he can't cover his wife's face with a fillet.

She's back in Kansas.
"There are hunters and there are victims. By your discipline, cunning, obedience and alertness, you will decide if you are a hunter or a victim."
Gen. Mattis

Re: A Memory For Kansas 2 years 1 week ago #31853

• DavidT
  • Thank you received: 298
My friend Jack aka Lostmans1 has that same problem. He's like 6'4" and 300 pounds or something like that...makes MONSTER fish look tiny. But you can see your friends fish is a monster by the way he's holding it. It looks like he's straining to hold it up
If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles. -Doug Larson

Re: A Memory For Kansas 2 years 6 days ago #32040

• stowaway
  • Thank you received: 28
You had a busy week last week Capt. Larry. Big fish everyday was the theme for sure. :fishing: Hats off to you and your skills. :thumbsup:
The Caught Fishing Show
www.youtube.com/user/StowawayBoy