Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Grouper fishing Tampa Bay w/ FishHawk and Stowaway

Grouper fishing Tampa Bay w/ FishHawk and Stowaway 1 year 8 months ago #31812

• DavidT
  • Thank you received: 297
This trip actually happened yesterday (Thursday Aug 16th). My friend Neal (Stowaway) set up an inshore grouper trip with Captain Larry Malinoski (FishHawk), Neal, his son, and myself! We met up around 9 am at Shell Point Marina, talked for a few and then headed out. It started out looking like it was going to be a gorgeous day and we were ready!

IMG-20120816-01304.jpg

Our first attempt at trolling was a little tough...we were broken off twice by MONSTER grouper. We were out for about 45 minutes maybe and it started looking like we needed to head back in or Mother Nature was going to show us how she gets down.

So, we headed in and talked for about an hour, then I made Captain Larry sit through one of my amateur interviews :laughing:

About an hour and a half or so later it started looking pretty decent and radar didn't show any storms too close to us, so we decided to head back out again and give it another run...and good thing we did!

The first big fish was fought and taken in by Stowaway Jr and it was a beautiful 27 incher!

WillnMal.jpg

A very short time later I hooked into this guy! :hooked:

Dave.jpg

A monster 31 inch gag grouper INSIDE Tampa Bay! Yes, that's right! A 31 incher IN the bay!

larry-dave.jpg

After a few more shorts it was getting pretty hot out there so we decided to call it a day. Amazing day on the water!

Thanks for the amazing trip Neal and Captain Larry!

Would you guys look at this filet! It's way bigger than my wife's head AND it's about 4 inches thick easily...I separated the two filets into meals for my wife, my son, and myself and it made 6 whole meals ;-[]-

IMG-20120816-01312.jpg

Here's one of them! Yes, I got too excited to eat it and forgot to take a picture until after I already ate half my piece :laughing:

IMG-20120816-01313.jpg

Here's a short clip filmed and put together by Neal of his son and me reeling in our beasts!

If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles. -Doug Larson
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Grouper fishing Tampa Bay w/ FishHawk and Stowaway 1 year 8 months ago #31813

• pickgrin
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Thank you received: 509
Now that's what I'm talkin about!! Awesome fish Dave. Looks delicious. Stowaway Jr's fish is nice too. Great video of the action Neal. Fishhawk - you are the man!
"Those who would give up essential Liberty for temporary security deserve neither and will lose both"
Benjamin Franklin

Re: Grouper fishing Tampa Bay w/ FishHawk and Stowaway 1 year 8 months ago #31815

• yelladevil17
  • Thank you received: 55
Sweet video! I think all that FishHawk catches in the bay are big gags. I'm jealous. haha That beast would feed a village

Re: Grouper fishing Tampa Bay w/ FishHawk and Stowaway 1 year 8 months ago #31816

• srchn4salmon
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 3
Wow, just simply amazing.

Re: Grouper fishing Tampa Bay w/ FishHawk and Stowaway 1 year 8 months ago #31828

• AndyS
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Andrew Schoener
  • Thank you received: 237
That was good. :thumbsup:
Andrew Schoener

Re: Grouper fishing Tampa Bay w/ FishHawk and Stowaway 1 year 8 months ago #31834

• 509revo
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 71
Way to go, Dave! :@))
Nothing so infuriates champions of “Diversity” as much as an opinion diverse from their own.

Re: Grouper fishing Tampa Bay w/ FishHawk and Stowaway 1 year 8 months ago #31850

• freaky
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 42
Great job guys! Great video Neil, I need to get back to some saltwater! Fishing is slow here in Indiana. I'm going to try and learn that Tampa Bay Grouper fishing when I get back. Freaky

Re: Grouper fishing Tampa Bay w/ FishHawk and Stowaway 1 year 8 months ago #31862

• crboggs
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 211
Good report and great fish! =]
-Chris
Tampa FL
1995 Mako 181 Flats

Re: Grouper fishing Tampa Bay w/ FishHawk and Stowaway 1 year 8 months ago #31881

• rthill
  • Junior Boarder
nice fish Dave !!!!!! lets go catch em !

Re: Grouper fishing Tampa Bay w/ FishHawk and Stowaway 1 year 8 months ago #31887

• hookthis1
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 32
That's awesome Dave! great pics great video and best of all great fish!
Practice CPR... Catch, photograph, release

Re: Grouper fishing Tampa Bay w/ FishHawk and Stowaway 1 year 8 months ago #31893

• Dave44
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 6
So awesome

Re: Grouper fishing Tampa Bay w/ FishHawk and Stowaway 1 year 8 months ago #31911

• Sideshow
  • Thank you received: 136
Nice report and fish .
Free Reach Arounds :)

Re: Grouper fishing Tampa Bay w/ FishHawk and Stowaway 1 year 8 months ago #31923

• br
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 4
very cool video, looks like you'll be eating good :thumbsup:

Related Articles