Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Ft Desoto Bay Pier Report 4/25

Ft Desoto Bay Pier Report 4/25 3 years 11 months ago #634

• Germ
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 22
Just the usual catch. The seas were very choppy, im sure they were hitting at least 3 feet on some waves, but the fish were still biting. I caught 4 small macks under 14", some lady fish, a lizard fish and caught my first trout. I wasnt the only one catching trout, a few other ppl had landed some as well. There was a tourist down doing some fishing there for the first time that had landed a very nice mack, about 18"-19". There was also a lot of ppl catching remoras. I caught most of my fish on either a sabiki rig or a docs goofy jig. The sabiki rig was the setup catching the most for me.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Ft Desoto Bay Pier Report 4/25 3 years 11 months ago #638

• livetofish
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 8
Good to hear you got on some fish. The Venice pier was real slow today with the churned up water.

Re:Ft Desoto Bay Pier Report 4/25 3 years 11 months ago #639

• PALHOCKEYDAD
  • Gold Boarder
  • W.A.C
  • Thank you received: 1
Nice job on getting some fish if i may make a suggestion though next time try the gulf pier bigger macks and bait there for sure IMHO

Re:Ft Desoto Bay Pier Report 4/25 3 years 11 months ago #644

• phatfishkayak
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 18
Congrats on your first trout! Did you get to take em home and fry em up?
Derick Burgos
Phatfish Kayak Charters
813-447-4732
www.phatfishkayakcharters.com

Re:Ft Desoto Bay Pier Report 4/25 3 years 11 months ago #649

• Germ
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 22
I went there for a little bit but the weather yesterday was bad. I was there in the late afternoon fishing and hit up the gulf pier around 6:30. The wind was way too much for my tackle and it didnt look like anyone was really getting anything there. So I went back to the bay pier and finished up the day before the storm rolled in that hit everyone. Though when I went back all I got was one mack and a bunch of hits but nothing that could stick. The 2nd time around I used some sorta Calcutta foil shrimp jig that was pretty small. I got a lot of hits on it but only one that stuck for a bit. I lost that one though cause I had mine line redone the day before and had not set the drag. The fish pretty much pulled a bunch of line then let go so I never got a chance to really set the hook hard.