The Online Fisherman Forums :: Topic: A private trip to the Middle Grounds (5/5)
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: A private trip to the Middle Grounds

Re: A private trip to the Middle Grounds 2 years 3 months ago #26487

• DavidT
  • Thank you received: 298
We'll post up details next week, BUT I can tell you it's going to be on Friday, July 6th!

I believe it'll be from 6am to 6pm.

So, make sure you all request Friday July 6th off!!!!!!!!!

This is going to be a blast and TRUST ME when I say we will ALL get our money's worth in fish to take home. So make sure you make room in the freezer! That's not even mentioning all the fun we'll have. This will be one of those events that will be remembered for a lifetime.
If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles. -Doug Larson
The topic has been locked.

Re: A private trip to the Middle Grounds 2 years 3 months ago #26492

• yelladevil17
  • Thank you received: 62
Awesome! Red Snapper and Gag Season!!

Re: A private trip to the Middle Grounds 2 years 3 months ago #26493

• harbison
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 75
Sure wish we were going on a 39 hour Middle Grounds trip.
FYI: The Florida Fisherman sails for the Middle Grounds 3 P.M. Friday, July 6. This trip, for which I am scheduled, has been sold out for weeks. Captain Mark Hubbard captains these trips himself.
The July 6, OnLineFisherman trip will be on the Friendly Fisherman. Don't know who the Captain will be. Regardless, he will be good, or he would not be with Hubbard's.
The Friendly Fisherman has an all night Red & mangrove snapper, gag, and red grouper, trip scheduled for 7 P.M., 7A.M. Friday night July 6. If I was not going on the 39 hour Middle Grounds trip, I would just stay on the Friendly & go on both trips. Talk about, 'one of those events that will be remembered for a lifetime." Bob H.
Bob Harbison

Re: A private trip to the Middle Grounds 2 years 3 months ago #26494

• DavidT
oh man! Bob, you should switch trips...I know you love going on those 36 hour trips, but you HAVE to be there for this!
If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles. -Doug Larson

Re: A private trip to the Middle Grounds 2 years 3 months ago #26502

• hookthis1
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 32
I'm much more likely to be able to make it to a 12 hr trip. Please let us know as soon as possible what the cost will be.
Practice CPR... Catch, photograph, release

Re: A private trip to the Middle Grounds 2 years 3 months ago #26503

• crboggs
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 286
yelladevil17 wrote:
Awesome! Red Snapper and Gag Season!!

If the head boats get their way, they'll be about the only way you can catch and keep Gags or ARS.

This sector separation / EFP stuff is a little too transparent...IMHO...
-Chris
Tampa FL
1995 Mako 181 Flats

Re: A private trip to the Middle Grounds 2 years 3 months ago #26513

• stowaway
  • Thank you received: 28
Yes, the trip is set for the 6th of July. Yes the target is gagg grouper and red snapper. Yes, it will be a 12hr trip. Mark Hubbard and I have put on many
trips over the years. He felt it was best to start with a 12hr trip first to see what the demand would be. Yes, Mark should be going on the trip along with the whole
Onlinefisherman staff. Mark asked not to post details of the frip until May 8th and I said yes sir. The trip is not a regular Hubbards trip
The trip is being packaged for the Onlinfisherman as a Event for 2012. The package will be 2nd to none.
So hang in there.

Stowaway :thumbsup:
The Caught Fishing Show
www.youtube.com/user/StowawayBoy

Re: A private trip to the Middle Grounds 2 years 3 months ago #26514

I will be on the 39 hour trip that day. From what I have heard, Mark will not be in town and won't be running any of these trips. The 39 hour trip is scheduled to be a southern trip, not to the Middlegrounds, but actually to an area south of the Elbow in search of large ARS, Gags, and yellowtail. Also, anytime you fish south during the summer, you have a chance to catch Muttons as well. Wish I could make the 12 hour, but this 39 hour trip is one of the better ones of the year.

Re: A private trip to the Middle Grounds 2 years 3 months ago #26515

• harbison
  • Platinum Boarder
Decision time: As a staff writer for the OLF forum, I need to be there. However, thousands look forward to and read my Middle Grounds report every week. I will give this one a great deal of thought.
Navy_Fishing, "I would be more than willing to help Bob set this up" Will would be a very welcomed edition to our team. He is extremely capable and knows what he is talking about.

Gosh! What a choice.
Last time we fished down South I caught this beautiful mutton.
We had an outstanding trip. I want to go back.

:@))

With Navy going on the 39 hour trip I will be more likely to switch to the 12 hour OLF trip. Will is very good at providing a report. We could cover both trips. Rather than face Friday evening traffic, an alternative would be to just stay on the Friendly for the 12 hour night snapper, grouper trip. Bob
Bob Harbison

Re: A private trip to the Middle Grounds 2 years 3 months ago #26574

• harbison
  • Platinum Boarder
"If the head boats get their way, they'll be about the only way you can catch and keep Gags or ARS.

This sector separation / EFP stuff is a little too transparent...IMHO"

Most head boats in the Tampa bay area, including Hubbard's, strongly oppose shares/separation. As far as I know the only two who have bought into the scheme are the Queen Fleet & Double Eagle. :argue: Bob
Bob Harbison

Re: A private trip to the Middle Grounds 2 years 3 months ago #26812

• stowaway
  • Thank you received: 28
Here it is!!!!!!

When: Friday, July 6th!
Time: 6:00 am to 6:00 pm.

Make sure you reserve your spots ASAP, as this event will sell out very quickly. There are only 45 spots on the boat, so like I said, if you want a good spot (or a spot at all) make sure you call and reserve it ASAP!

www.theonlinefisherman.com/the-online-fi...ep-sea-fishing-event

Hope to see you all there!!!!

Oh yeah, did I mention that gag grouper and red snapper season are overlapping on this day???

:fishing:
The Caught Fishing Show
www.youtube.com/user/StowawayBoy

Re: A private trip to the Middle Grounds 2 years 3 months ago #26846

• harbison
  • Platinum Boarder
:wife-fishin OK! Our trip is a go. And what a trip it will be. Just think, we can catch, and keep, not only mangrove snapper, & red grouper, but also the two really big ones, the American red snapper and gag grouper.
Our 'Extravaganza' was really something. This should be every bit as exciting.
Some more details:

Cost is $120.00, but, get this, that price includes live pin fish & even, for those who need it, tackle. Now that's a real deal.
Personally, I was booked for the 39 hour Middle Grounds trip that weekend. That Grounds trip has been sold out for weeks. I will cancel to go on the private OnLineFisherman charter. It is really going to be THAT GOOD!
Talked to Joey, Hubbard's Marina, this morning, Wednesday. Joey said the reservations are already piling in. Suggest booking ASAP.
Those pin fish sell for $9.00 a dozen, What a deal! Bob H. :fishing:
Bob Harbison

Re: A private trip to the Middle Grounds 2 years 3 months ago #27089

• harbison
  • Platinum Boarder
As of Monday morning 5/14/12, 31 people have committed to our trip. Suggest calling to reserve a spot ASAP. This is going to be too good to miss. Just think, we can actually catch and keep both gags and ARS. Bob H.
Bob Harbison

Re: A private trip to the Middle Grounds 2 years 3 months ago #27164

• DavidT
Ok, trip is all planned so I'm locking this thread.

Please refer to THIS thread if you have any further questions/concerns or if you just want to tell us that you booked a seat on our trip!

Don't delay reserving a spot, they're running out quick. There's only about 10 left at this point!