The Online Fisherman Forums :: Topic: We need a longer ARS season! (1/1)
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: We need a longer ARS season!

We need a longer ARS season! 2 years 1 month ago #29338

• harbison
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 74
Just got off the phone with my friend Aaron Portwood, editor Woods'nWater magazine. He said the reports he is getting from the Panhandle says they are knocking the living daylights out of ARS. Due to weather, the Woods'nWater team has been out only once. Aaron said they had to go our really far to reach ARS land, 35 miles. Got their limit the first 1/2 hour. Aaron said the reports coming in from Destin are unbelievable. Looks like the Florida Panhandle is 'destin' to catch their share & ours too. For us to have the same season, 40 days, is a grave miscarriage of justice. Bob
Bob Harbison
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: We need a longer ARS season! 2 years 1 month ago #29343

• crboggs
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 276
Weather has killed the season down here in the Tampa area IMHO.

Hoping and praying that I am able to get out on the 30th. If not, our family will get shut out on the ARS season.
-Chris
Tampa FL
1995 Mako 181 Flats

Re: We need a longer ARS season! 2 years 1 month ago #29360

• harbison
  • Platinum Boarder
The weather has indeed been terribles. And it's not getting any better. Best on the 30th. Bob
Bob Harbison

Re: We need a longer ARS season! 2 years 1 month ago #29366

• FishHawk
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 23
Tried to get out twice and got blown out both times. Pretty much gave up as gags open up this Sunday and I will start for them near shore.

Now watch the Feds and those Gulf Council idiots say they must be endangered in this area because very few were caught. Then they will CUT the season even more and put what's left into the Summer when fishing is miserable.
"There are hunters and there are victims. By your discipline, cunning, obedience and alertness, you will decide if you are a hunter or a victim."
Gen. Mattis

Re: We need a longer ARS season! 2 years 1 month ago #29383

• harbison
  • Platinum Boarder
"Now watch the Feds and those Gulf Council idiots say they must be endangered in this area because very few were caught"
Precisely why I continue to post pictures of massive catches on the Florida Fisherman. If the truth be known, we cannot win. Too few fish, close the season; too many fish, close the season; fish are too small, close the season; fish are too big, close the season. At least, when we can get to them, we can show that plenty of fish are actually available. Bob
Bob Harbison

Re: We need a longer ARS season! 2 years 1 month ago #29397

Please see thread I started regarding Pam Dana and Sutherland

Re: We need a longer ARS season! 2 years 3 weeks ago #29768

• harbison
  • Platinum Boarder
What's it under Cap? I want to read it.
Pam & I had many conversations when she was first appointed, over Bo, to the Council. Then, all of a sudden, she refused to have anything to do with me. Looks like she was 'taken down' for conspiring with the enemy. Yes! Bob is the enemy because I fight so hard against shares/separation. Pam voted YES to send sector separation for more consideration, that, to me, does not sound like a recreational fisherman's representative. Bob H.
Bob Harbison