- 1 1/2 Teaspoon paprika
- 1 Tablespoon onion powder
- 3/4 Tablespoon granulated garlic
- 1 Tablespoon dried thyme
- 1 Tablespoon black pepper
- 1 Teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 Teaspoon 1 tsp dried basil
- 1 Teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 Teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 snakehead filet, skinned
- 1 pineapple, diced
- 1 can cream of coconut (find it in the cocktail aisle)
- ½ bunch cilantro, chopped
- 1 habanero pepper (optional)
- Roasted red peppers, strawberries, and avocado for garnish
Preparation for our snakehead fish recipe
Once you have all your ingredients lined up, preparation for this snakehead fish recipe will be very easy.
Step 1: Directions to prepare your snakehead fish
Mix first nine ingredients in a small bowl. Cut snakehead into four pieces. Towel off excess moisture, and coat each piece generously with seasoning. Sautee over high heat for three minutes. If not cooked fully, bake at 400 degrees for 3–5 minutes, depending on thickness.
Step 2: Directions to make piña colada salsa for snakehead fish
Combine pineapple and cilantro. In a separate bowl, stir cream of coconut until smooth. Add six tbs of cream of coconut to pineapple-cilantro mixture. Add diced habanero if desired.
Step 3: Final touches of snakehead fish recipe
Place fish atop salsa and garnish with roasted red peppers, strawberries, and avocado.