Sign in to follow this  
gandyfisherman

Fishing watches

I got a gift certificate. I have been looking at watches because I cant stand checking tides before I go fishing determining the major and minor feeding times. Does anyone know of a fishing watch that is accurate and able to provide a reliable tide chart. Basically, I would like a tides4fishing home page on my watch. LOL. Can anyone suggest a good fishing watch.

Depends on your price range. Casio makes several, like the gulfman, pathfinders, and the gw-7900b-1 which is the one I have. The tides are accurate as long as it is roughly 4 tides a day, so no double humps or anything like that. At the higher end, look at the Gravitron 2 by Reactor, very slick and accurate down to the minute. Punch in your locale and it'lldo the rest.

I have a Casio Sea Pathfinder and its tricky due to you have to set the GMT for your time zone and its not accurate enough and changes a lot. Its only really good for certain areas in Florida. I do like the moon phase function and the digital compass that's build into it as well as other features. But nothing beats a good App for your smart phone. I use Tide App on my android and love it.

I have a Casio Sea Pathfinder and its tricky due to you have to set the GMT for your time zone and its not accurate enough and changes a lot. Its only really good for certain areas in Florida. I do like the moon phase function and the digital compass that's build into it as well as other features. But nothing beats a good App for your smart phone. I use Tide App on my android and love it.

I agree...can't beat apps...unless you can afford some of those expensive fish finders...i saw one for like 7,000 at West Marine...I didn't look to see exactly what it id does but that thing probably does just about everything.BTW, welcome to the site!