Sign in to follow this  
thisguy

Percecption Pescador 12 (Renamed Tarpon 120) Kayak

I finally have my Jackson Kayak Cuda on it's way so the time has come to sell this one. It's a 2008 style Tarpon 120 with different stickers. Doesn't come with anything else, just the kayak I'll be using all my gear on the cuda when it gets here. Boat has little to no fading and no broken clips or anything. The only thing I've added to the kayak is an anchor cleat which I added black silicone to the screws and under the cleat when I installed it so it is done right and will not leak. Absolutely nothing wrong with this kayak.I have a pool if you'd like to paddle it before hand.As of now I'm firm on $450. Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImageJust to give an idea of how I had it rigged for fishingPosted Image

My main reason for picking the cuda was being able to stand, there's been so many times where I've literally almost paddled over fish and didn't see them till they were spooked and swimming off, then there's the seat and different seating positions, and lastly the center hatch with a cooler bag coming out later this year for it. And I was able to paddle it first at Bill Jacksons in Pinellas Park where the first thing I did was stand and paddle it, it was a little rocky but definitely doable and no where near as rocky as this kayak. But then again this kayak is not meant for standing in.

I'm still deciding which kayak is the way to go for standing. I, too, have a T-120 that I really like but Tuesday I came upon a school of reds (over 50) that I didn't see until I was on top of them.Fortunately they stayed around for an hour or so but were hard to get to eat-all over slot. Did manage to get 3 to eat though.

Still a nice to see a group of over slots, then to catch a few. Good job Jerry. I remember in the early to mid eighties you would never see or catch any reds. Extinction was the word. Thanks to anglers caring and awareness and the proper regulations and the FWC redfish hatchery program. We could make the statement that they are back and healthy.ThisGuy and Jerry I gave you a karma click!!

From what I've read the cuda and coosa were specifically designed to be able to stand in them, and for the price I don't think you can get a boat with a more comfortable seat. The only other boats I know of that you can stand in is a Heritage Redfish, Wilderness Systems Ride 135, and I think the Native Manta Ray. I don't know too much about those boats though.David I never even knew that reds were ever close to extinction, now that I know I feel very lucky to be able to fish for them.

Hobies are standable, but the price... Wilderness Commander 140 you can stand, but, a little wobbly. I added outriggers to mine and stand all I want. With the Trax system the out riggers can be added simply and in numerous configurations, what ever works for you.All that being said, I am looking to demo a Cuda, mainly for the seat and possibility of standing with out the use of out riggers. Everything about the Cuda that I have seen seems to fit what I need, but, and with all yaks there is a but, room. The W/S commander's have LOTS of room. So if I can ever find a place to demo one and sell my bike (Trek 2.3) I may be in line for a new Cuda...I may have to go to Apopka ;-[]-