Sign in to follow this  
davidt

How to: Post Photos!

We get a lot of questions about how to upload photos. In this thread I'm going to tell you all the way to do it.When you are typing your report/thread/topic, right underneath where you're typing you'll see something that says "Attachments". Click on "Add File" on the right of it. That will open up "File Upload" to select the file you want to upload from your computer. After you select the file you will see 2 new boxes appear next to "Add File". One is called "Remove File" and one is called "Insert". Click on insert and you will see it automatically insert a link into your report/thread! Simple. After that you will see another "Add file" pop up underneath where you uploaded the first one. Now you can continue to add as many pictures as you want! Just remember to always click on the "Insert" button after you choose your file. If you don't, it will not show up. Very simple!Now another way to do it, which is the way that I do it most of the time because I like the idea of having a website that backs up all of my photos just incase my hard drive crashes is through a hosting site called Photobucket. It is a website that stores ALL your photos for free and also allows you to edit them! First you must sign up if you don't have an account, which you can do right here. After you do that go to the "home" page where you will see a link at the top of the page that says "Upload Now". Once you do that, then you will click on "Select photos and videos". That will allow you to choose which file to upload from your computer.After you upload your picture(s) you will see a link that says "Go to album". Do that. Now all your pictures will show up! Underneath every picture you will see a box that has four codes. Click on the one that says "IMG code". It should automatically copy it, but if it doesn't say "copied" after you click on it, then just highlight the code and hold down Ctrl and push c (which is a copy shortcut), then all you have to do is paste it anywhere in your thread, or somebody else's! (A shortcut to paste is hold down Ctrl and push v)Notice how there is a [ img ] before and after the image link?As long as there's a [ img ] before and after your link, it should show up like this (below)!If there is anything you don't understand here, just ask!Posted Image