Sign in to follow this  
davidt

SOLD!!! 2011 Hobie Fishing Kayak - Tandem $900 OBO

This is a 2 - 3 person tandem kayak, but I set it up for fishing and fished it 95% of the time by myself. I added 3 fishing rod holders to the kayak. The kayak is a Hobie Kona. Brand new, the kayak by itself is $1,299. Look it up for yourself. You might be able to get 2 cheap paddles and 2 seats with it for that price, but I'm including a lot more than that. This thing is ready to throw on your car and fish. You don't even need a truck because it comes with a roof rack that fits any car.Included:2 - Hobie seats2 - Take-apart two-piece fiberglass Clear Blue Hawaii paddles ($100 each)3 - Fishing rod holders professionally installed by Tackle Shack in St Pete ($100)1 - Kayak cart/dolly ($40)1 - Paddle leash ($20) - Attach your paddle to a leash so you don't drop it overboard.1 - Fishing rod leash ($15) - If your fishing rod is in the rod holder waiting for a fish to bite, it won't get yanked overboard if a big fish takes your bait.1 - Removable roof rack that will fit any 4 door car ($75)1 - Anchor trolley professionally installed by Tackle Shack in St Pete ($40) - An anchor trolley allows you to place your anchor in the front, back, or middle of your kayak to face the kayak in different positions while anchored. Really nice if you want to fish or just look in a certain direction but the wind is blowing you in a different one.That is well over $1,600 for everything. Plus tax, so probably over $1,700. Everything was very well taken care of. Every time I came in from kayaking or fishing everything was washed down immediately.The kayak is 34" wide and 11'6" long so it's a lot more stable than most tandem kayaks. It's easy to stand up on to fish, stretch out, or just to not worry about your wife/kids tipping over and falling overboard.It has regular wear and tear (a few scratches on the bottom), but is in VERY good condition.I'm asking $900 or best offer. Serious inquiries only call 813-900-3660 NO TEXTS PLEASE. My phone does not allow texts from phone numbers that aren't in my phone address book.Did I mention it enabled me to catch my first snook?

post-912-14121217453891_thumb.jpg

post-912-14121217454103_thumb.jpg

post-912-14121217454381_thumb.jpg

post-912-1412121745459_thumb.jpg

post-912-14121217458951_thumb.jpg

post-912-14121217468812_thumb.jpg

post-912-1412121746901_thumb.jpg

post-912-14121217476483_thumb.jpg

Instead of buying a john boat take a look at this from Inshore Power Boats, the guy that builds these is local and its a great deal for boat a trailer.Brad is his name and you can google Inshore Power Boats.about 2,500 for the whole deal as far as I can see.post-8195-14121217466337_thumb.jpg

Thanks man, too much for me right now...just getting something used and small to hit backwater creeks until it's the right time to upgrade. Looking to spend around $800 or $900. There's plenty on Craigslist in that range...even lower actually...with trailer and some even with running motors too

Dave, I'v been through this before. I bought a 14' Lews john boat. I took it out 1 or 2 times, tookit it back and traded it in fore the 16' Lews john boat with a 15 hp Merc. What a difference. I fished out of the boat for about 6 years. Gave it to my next door friend when I moved to FL. I should have brought to FL with me. You said you would like to take 2-3 friends with you. NO WAY if the boat is 13,14.15'. That's just the way I see it, but might be wrong again in some people eyes. Oh, I forgot, don't believe you can't use alum boats in salt water. Mine was alum on trailer. All you have to do is squirt it off at home. It will last for years. If you see one on someones lawn turned upside down, might get it real cheep. LOL! OH, one more thing, Forget all the extras. Pull start 15hp I like merc, but whatever, and a cheep depth finder is all you need for FL back waters and bays. I went from a Grady White with big motor down to what I just mentioned. What a great move that was. No more problems.

Dave' date=' I'v been through this before. I bought a 14' Lews john boat. I took it out 1 or 2 times, tookit it back and traded it in fore the 16' Lews john boat with a 15 hp Merc. What a difference. I fished out of the boat for about 6 years. Gave it to my next door friend when I moved to FL. I should have brought to FL with me. You said you would like to take 2-3 friends with you. NO WAY if the boat is 13,14.15'. That's just the way I see it, but might be wrong again in some people eyes. Oh, I forgot, don't believe you can't use alum boats in salt water. Mine was alum on trailer. All you have to do is squirt it off at home. It will last for years. If you see one on someones lawn turned upside down, might get it real cheep. LOL![/quote']Andy, it would be just me and one other 95% of the time. If there was a third on the boat, it would be my son or one of my nephews and they're just small kids...but it will mostly be just me and one other person fishing. And yeah, I won't go under a 14 foot. I've looked at some 12 footers and they're just too small. But like you had, a Lowe is probably what I'm going to get if possible...but we'll see. Thanks for the info, Andy! I'll come down there and pick you up one day!

Dave......there ARE inexpensive jon boats out there. I just got an '84 12' Sears Gamefisher (too small for you, I know) with a 7.5 Johnson, 30# Minn-Kota TM and trailer for $700. Yes, I had to seal a few very small leaks and get a TM battery. It's really only meant for 2 people as there are two bass boat type seats on it and a 3rd person would make it unbalanced. I also had to get a hitch put on my car and still haven't had the boat out on the water yet. To tell the truth I'm nervous to go out by myself. I don't know how far to back the trailer down into the water and I'd be more comfortable if someone was holding the bow line.

" it would be just me and one other 95% of the time"Agreed Dave - 2 is perfect and 3 is crowded for fishing on any boat less than 20" IMO. Just keep putting the vision of what you want out there and stay patient. Your kayak will sell for a fair price and the perfect boat for you and your budget will come available shortly after - I betcha. BTW - you want a 16" boat if at all possible - even for 2 people. 16' aluminums are harder to find than 14' though but that's what I would shoot for if you can find one. "still haven't had the boat out on the water yet. To tell the truth I'm nervous to go out by myself."Barry - I would be willing to go out with you in your boat and help you get it in and out of the water the 1st time. We could trade - I'll go out with you and then we can go out on my boat soon as well. Are you in Pinellas or Tampa?

Mike........I appreciate your offer a great deal. I'm going tomorrow with a buddy of mine at Picnic Island. I still would love to fish with you! I live in Carrollwood so reasonably close to either So. Tampa or Pinellas. IIRC, you're in No. Pinellas which is not all that far.

OK Barry - good luck tomorrow. Fishing should be decent tomorrow - according to the solunar charts anyway - I believe Gary Poyssick and I are going out to the south bay tomorrow on his boat which I believe he just had worked on and got running again. That's the plan anyway - but it is Gary - LOL - so hopefully we can get out and do well and I'll have a good report to post later tomorrow. I would still be glad to go out with you in either boat in the near future - maybe next week there will be a good day we could consider. We could meet and launch from the Courtney Campbell ramp which is not too far for either of us and hit NE UTB - DB or Mobley Bayou areas.