Sign in to follow this  
sideshow

Gheenoe pet project.

Today I sanded the whole left outside and scuffed where the 2 side stringers will be laid .Set up to glue the stringers in and came to a halt. I forgot one part of my epoxy resin at work :( .maybe Monday now on setting the stringers.

Haha I don't have the space anymore. A bank bought us out and now I have the boat taking up my whole front porch. In turn I like it a lot for motivation to get to working on her . I should be making loads of progress in the weeks coming up though :)

Oh yea. I forgot about that. I have fished in DT's boat and a deck would be my choice. Marshall has a lot of projects on his plate. :laughing:

LOL yeah he does! DT could always go easy and cheap as hell for now and cut out with a jig saw the outline on a piece of 3/4 plywood and glue and screw a platform in... add a little paint and call her good for super cheap and always can modify a little bit glass in the plywood later

Finally glassed in the stringers and I'm beat. Took about 6 hours to do.The good. The floor and sides laid down perfect.Bad news. The top cap piece wouldn't lay down for crap. Air bubbles everywhere on the top.Question and I know the answer most likely. Do I need to sand down the whole top and just reglass it over the sides ?This sucks , but I think it has to be done :( .Posted ImagePosted Imageair bubble :(Posted Image

Marshil, I hate to say it my friend but I think it would be smartest to sand that stuff down.. Air bubbles in glass are a nightmare and should be adressed. Yes you can cheat and grind out the bubble and just re glass that spot but that's up to you. Sucks dude

Talking to a boat builder now and he's saying to grind the top off. Resin it and leave it alone. He is saying the hull and sides only have to be glassed. That is where the strength is.So I might get off easy just doing that. I am going to get a few more opinions , but that will be nice if holds true .

Grind it out.Put a layer of 3/4 oz matt down before you put your 1708. The layer of matt will lay down and make adhesion of your 1708 much easier and better. Make sure your glass is very wet.I noticed you put the stringers in before glassing the transom. IMO it would of been much easier and stronger if you would of glassed the transom first then installed stringers. JMO.

I noticed you put the stringers in before glassing the transom. IMO it would of been much easier and stronger if you would of glassed the transom first then installed stringers. JMO.

I thought the same , but fgci told me to install stingers first then do transom. I will be overlaying transom to stringers 16'' , 20'', then 24''I have the flu right now. Thinking that wearing shorts at a tof event standing by the road did it lol.I am going to try and get onto this again soon.

Hey everyone. Been M.I.A for awhile. I log on every day , but been feeling down and out for awhile. Motor on 1 boat isn't working and funds are tight. 2 kids graduated from Highschool . Jessica graduated from Massage therapy school and work is killing me.Haven't been fishing at all in what seems like forever , but I did start back on the Gheenoe project,I sanded the bad stringer caps , glassed them correctly today, . Glassed in the transom then today added a cap to it.Hope to be working a lot more on it to get this rolling again.Posted ImagePosted Image