Sign in to follow this  
k3anderson

Microskiff dealer in Tampa Area?

I'm looking for a microskiff (Venganza, Dragonfly, Hellsbay, Mitzi,etc.) used in the Tampa area. Want to go small. Something that fits in the garage, maybe has a polling platform. I already have an offshore boat and kayak, etc. Not looking to spend endless $$. Is there a dealer around that specializes in these? No Ghenos...Thnx.

The same builder that started making the Mitzi also makes a Soloskiff. Might want to take a look at it. Good price. Also the Shadowcast 16 by Ankona Boats is really worth looking at.Just do a Google search for any of those boats and they will usually give you the nearest dealer.March 1,2, and 3 is the Outdoor Expo that should have lots of boats.

Talk to Paul at Family Boating center he sells Hewes, Maverick,Ranger also has used boats. Try and talk with Paul the owner 7806 Anderson Road,Tampa Fl 33634813-884-1395www.familyboatingcenters.com Joe Raimondo

You might want to check out the Pelican Ambush:http://www.pelicanflatsboats.com/It's built near Tampa, is 13', and uses a 6hp. Some have used a 9.9hp, but it's only rated for a 6hp. Great little hull that self bails.

You might want to look at the HPX series you can find them use around the Tampa area or like HPX18 said go see the guys at FBC. I love my HPX 18.

Awesome boat Capt! Do you have the original style or the "V"?

post-75708-14121221447951_thumb.jpgI know you said no gheenoes, why? I love my LT 25 custom gheenoe. I think for the money it's the perfect micro-skiff. It has a lot of features, 18HR Tahatsu 4stroke, hydraulic jack plate, rear deck w/2 hatches for storage, side console, casting deck, bilge pump, nav. lights, custom trolling motor mount and pre-wired to battery in back hatch. Sea Dek on floor for non-slip.

I have the old style HPX 18. It has more room on the bow and is a little more stable for fishing Tarpon on fly and it floats in 8 in of water to chase redfish around. It is the best overall skiff in its class.

I do like the "V" version BUT I still prefer the one you have for just the reasons you mentioned! I have fished from your version a couple times and I swear I will have one someday.. I see them pop up every once in a while around 13-15k loaded!

I recommend checking out Shipoke boats. They are located here in the Tampa area and make some really nice stuff.

I have not fished from one but I detailed one about a year ago and it was a nice skiff for sure.

wow how much does a gheenoe like that run if you dont mind me asking and what is the weight cap.

New and loaded they will run between 12-15k! But you can find one like Kenny (snookfever) had around 5-8k used... Kenny's ride was super sick! Not sure about weight capacity but I would imagine somewhere around 6-800lbs max