Sign in to follow this  
evilleangler

Boat Hunting.. What do you think?

Have seen a good amount of Hewes redfishers and a maverick lately in your range... When you search CL open your search to a wide area so you can really look at a lot of boats! The right deal is well worth the drive... Can't go wrong with a Hewes or Maverick by the way!

Good luck with your search! in this classifieds section there is a 2000 Aquasport (also posted on another forum) That looks pretty good asking price is a bit high at $6500 but it has been on the market for a while. I am looking also our criteria are close. Economics being a major factor but quality is paramount.

RedCloud.....welcome to TOF! The Aquasport is being sold by GoldFishClub (Todd) who's a member of this site and a really good guy. If you've ever used an NBJ (neked ball jig) he's the man who produces them. Great lures. :-)Edit: Oops.....missed the part about the boat being listed on TOF. lol

I have fished a couple times on Bryan's Aqua sport with Todd and Bryan on board both times and it fishes 3 people surprisingly well for a smaller boat. Nice layout. Seemed clean and in good shape - probably even more so now that its for sale. Engine is not super powerful but plenty to get you where ever you want at a reasonable clip and probably pretty decent on the gas usage (just guessing on that).

Thank you for the input. I would rather pay a little more and buy from someone with a good, honest reputation than from a totally unknown. Your comments are very appreciated.

The aqua sport is sold as of today. Oh Man SSS now you got ME droolin - that's a sweet looking boat. I love how one of the 3 boat picks is a closeup of a double snook hookup - LOL - as if to say - "you are guaranteed to catch snook if you buy this boat".

Stay away from Bayliner Trophys (or any Bayliner) They are crap. I've had 2 Key Largos (176cc and 180cc) and found them inexpensive, easy to maintain, solid riding and well constructed for a reasonably priced boat. I've found both at great prices ($7500/$8500 respectively) The 2005 180 is my current boat and had only 17hrs when I bought it in 2010.Take your time and a sweet deal will appear.

Hewes/Maverick/pathfinder. boats made for the bay!

X 100 and so many available right now and honesty they hold their value MUCH better than most any other boat used inshore. It's kind of like buying a wrecked Ferrari and also a brand new dodge dart (lol)... I promise you that the dart in a few years won't be worth a dime... The Ferrari will always be worth just about what you paid for it. And buying a used Ferrari (aka Hewes, mav, path, etc) you will be getting a boat with legendary appeal and quality and can count on it for decades even though it is used. I have seen a 1975 Hewes hull (only) and painted with a roller brush and chipped fiberglass and needing massive work to make even close to usable sell for 2500 real money! No trailer, engine, nothing! Just laying on the concrete... It says something about the appeal and demand for these hulls.You will never see a bayliner, sea ray, old bass boat, old Jon boat in the same condition even sell for 10 bucks! Lol