Sign in to follow this  
davidt

Wanted: Livewell - preferably oval-shaped

I'm looking to install a livewell inside the middle bench seat on my boat. I'm going to have it glassed in but I have to find the right livewell to fit. I can have one made but that's going to be stupid expensive.I was thinking of going to a boat junkyard but figured I'd ask here first...

David - You might consider talking to Leland Holland at Holland Fiberglass about the install/ build or to get more info about options. He's already working with us and offering TOF readers a 10% discount off any job - indications are he goes above and beyond to get it right with any job he does based on some previous posts I've seen on here by a couple people he did work for. One was just a glowing review I remember but I can't find it right now - we desperately need a search feature to more easily access all the good info that's on these forums.Holland Fiberglass1717 E Busch Blvd Tampa, FL 33612(813) 426-5961

David - You might consider talking to Leland Holland at Holland Fiberglass about the install/ build or to get more info about options. He's already working with us and offering TOF readers a 10% discount off any job - indications are he goes above and beyond to get it right with any job he does based on some previous posts I've seen on here by a couple people he did work for. One was just a glowing review I remember but I can't find it right now - we desperately need a search feature to more easily access all the good info that's on these forums.Holland Fiberglass1717 E Busch Blvd Tampa' date=' FL 33612(813) 426-5961[/quote']Click on the search tab that is located to the right of the profile tab.I found this one using the search tab.http://www.theonlinefisherman.com/forum/all-things-fishy/21254-great-experience-with-holland-fiberglass-in-tampa#48521Was that the one you were looking for?

David - You might consider talking to Leland Holland at Holland Fiberglass about the install/ build or to get more info about options. He's already working with us and offering TOF readers a 10% discount off any job - indications are he goes above and beyond to get it right with any job he does based on some previous posts I've seen on here by a couple people he did work for. One was just a glowing review I remember but I can't find it right now - we desperately need a search feature to more easily access all the good info that's on these forums.Holland Fiberglass1717 E Busch Blvd Tampa' date=' FL 33612(813) 426-5961[/quote']Click on the search tab that is located to the right of the profile tab.I found this one using the search tab.http://www.theonlinefisherman.com/forum/all-things-fishy/21254-great-experience-with-holland-fiberglass-in-tampa#48521Was that the one you were looking for?
Yes Arti - thanks. So how long has that search button been there? Has to be somewhat new -

Thanks Mike, I've actually been talking to Leland and he's probably going to be the one I hire to glass it in but if I find a livewell that will fit inside my bench seat it will save me a lot of money. Otherwise he'll have to fiberglass a custom livewell which will take a mold to do the right way (I'm guessing) which will be a lot more work than I'd be able to pay for. But, I am most likely going to use him to patch the keel on my boat and build a casting deck on the front of the boat.Ron, I talked to Don's today and they said I'd have to go there to see what they have and it's pretty far from me....so I don't think I'm going to be able to get there anytime soon

Yes Arti - thanks. So how long has that search button been there? Has to be somewhat new -
That search button has been here for as long as the site's been here' date=' Mike :laughing:[/quote']Well that's embarrassing.

That search button has been here for as long as the site's been here' date=' Mike :laughing:[/quote']Well that's embarrassing.
LMAO

:laughing:

Have you checked with www.keepalive.net in Tarpon Springs? They have all sizes from 10 gal on up. I borrowed a 14 from a friend, used it for 3 days and went to the shop and picked one up. The 14 gal and up are oval. I have kept enough bait alive in this heat to last all day. Amazing!

Have you checked with www.keepalive.net in Tarpon Springs? They have all sizes from 10 gal on up. I borrowed a 14 from a friend' date=' used it for 3 days and went to the shop and picked one up. The 14 gal and up are oval. I have kept enough bait alive in this heat to last all day. Amazing![/quote']Those look really nice but won't work for what I'm trying to do. I need to be able to put it inside my bench seat, so it can be any length (up to 30 inches) but it can't be more than 13 inches wide and 12 inches high.

You could just make one yourself. How much were they going to charge you for a custom built one?

I didn't ask but he said it would make more sense to buy one so I figured I'd look...but I have absolutely no idea how I would go about making one myself...

You could just make one yourself. How much were they going to charge you for a custom built one?

I didn't ask but he said it would make more sense to buy one so I figured I'd look...but I have absolutely no idea how I would go about making one myself...
Bro, I would be willing to bet that Dons would have one that could be cut out of a boat that could be made to fit and glassed in nicely.. It may be well worth the trip to check out

Have you checked with www.keepalive.net in Tarpon Springs? They have all sizes from 10 gal on up. I borrowed a 14 from a friend' date=' used it for 3 days and went to the shop and picked one up. The 14 gal and up are oval. I have kept enough bait alive in this heat to last all day. Amazing![/quote']I have looked at those a few times - are these aerated only? If so, how well do they keep white bait alive? Oddly enough, the 14, 20 and 30 gallon ones are all about the same price and look like they take up about the same amount of deck space - with the larger capacity ones being taller. Why did you get the 14 gallon one instead of 20 or 30 gal for the same price jerrbare?

Have you checked with www.keepalive.net in Tarpon Springs? They have all sizes from 10 gal on up. I borrowed a 14 from a friend' date=' used it for 3 days and went to the shop and picked one up. The 14 gal and up are oval. I have kept enough bait alive in this heat to last all day. Amazing![/quote']I have looked at those a few times - are these aerated only? If so' date=' how well do they keep white bait alive? Oddly enough, the 14, 20 and 30 gallon ones are all about the same price and look like they take up about the same amount of deck space - with the larger capacity ones being taller. Why did you get the 14 gallon one instead of 20 or 30 gal for the same price jerrbare?[/quote']Those are better than the bubblers but to keep white bait alive you need to have a recirculation pump kit.

Bro' date=' I would be willing to bet that Dons would have one that could be cut out of a boat that could be made to fit and glassed in nicely.. It may be well worth the trip to check out[/quote']Yea that place has everything! It's like LKQ but for boats.