Sign in to follow this  
bassin assassin

Jon boat for sale

Up for sale is my 12' jon boat. Going to be completely honest and list the good and bad. Have a lot to offer in this boat including extras. Specs:1987 Sea Nymph 12' jon boat. She does have two broken ribs that I spent $167 to fix, but they broke again right on the welds. She has 3-4 leaky rivets. Spent a lot of money and time to try and repair them. Put 3M 5200 on them and it does last a good while. The guy I bought it from in late 2009 covered these facts up with rubber cement and paint. She is a solid boat and has not let me down. Not a safety issue at all. I have a manual bailing pump that I use every couple of hours. Also have an electric one if you want it. It has been less often as of late since I put more 5200 on her. Someone good at replacing rivets could clear all that up. I have painted her inside and out a number of times, but it just rubs off. She's an old boat.1983 Mercury 9.8 short shaft motorShe is a pull start. She has never let me down. When I got her, I re-painted her black and bought all the original stickers for the cowling. She is period to 1983. Just have to choke her once and she almost always starts on the third pull. With only me in the boat, she cruises along pretty well. There is a nice option on the motor that allows you to tilt the motor up while running and lock it in allowing you to get into or out of skinny water. Again, she has never left me stranded anywhere and I have traveled a pretty long way at times.Minn Kota Riptide 45 Saltwater trolling motorThis was purchased about a year and a half ago from BPS. It runs fantastic and will move that jon. It was $300+ when bought. Five forward and three reverse. It is mounted to the front of the boat. It does have scratches on the shaft.Tempress seatsThese swivel seats are extremely comfortable and cost $125 apiece from BPS. They are in good shape and will make your time on the water much more comfortable.Walmart Marine BatteryLargest battery they sell. It is the 95. Pretty new and always re-charged immediately upon return. This is in a recessed spot on the front of the boat right next to the trolling motor for easy connection. It also helps with the weight distribution. It is in the plastic case and strapped in with a rubber strap.Hummingbird fish finderIt does work and tells the water depth and temperature. It came with the boat and is mounted in the front.TrailerTrailer is in pretty good shape. Races, seals and bearing were replaced at the first of the year. One trailer tire is almost brand new and the other is pretty new. Bearing buddies on the hubs. Spare comes with it. Just replaced the wiring for lights. One light works perfectly, but the other is much dimmer and may need replacing. Coupler is new. Wench is in great shape. Leaf springs are rusted and could use replacing, but boat is not very heavy and never had a problem towing her.Extras:Minn Kota extending paddle mounted in the boat3 gallon gas can with gas in boat. Fuel filter. Good hoses and bulb. Good connections.2 extra 5 gallon plastic containers of pre-mixed gas. One is completely full and the other has about 2 gallons. Marine Stabil always added to gas.Schumacher battery charger ($50) purchased about 3 months ago. Works great.Half a bottle of Super Tech 2 stroke motor oil for mixing with gasMinn Kota extension handle for trolling motor so can operate by sitting normally2 life jackets strapped to side of boat to save space1 large net for the monster fish you are going to catch in it. This boat has the mojo.Extra prop for motorAnchor w/ ropeManual bilge pumpIf I can find or think of anything else I will include it in the sale.This boat and motor has been all over and has never ever let me down. I have fished the Alafia, Little Manatee, Manatee, Peace and Myakka rivers out of her. I have launched out of ramps at CRB, Maximo, Bishop Harbor, UTB, Mosquito Lagoon, Lake Manatee and others. My last trip, just a few days ago, I launched at Domino boat ramp on the Little Manatee River in Ruskin and went all the way down to fish the flats in front of Little Cockroach Bay and made it back to the ramp from Big Pass in 30 minutes. I have caught some great fish out of this boat and am sure she will provide you the same thrills and excitement that she did me.I am asking $1000 obo, but $50 off for an established TOF member. I believe that is a fair price given all that is offered. I have got a lot more than that invested in her. Please PM me if you want to take a look at her. Thanks!Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImageYou don't need a big boat to catch big fish.Posted Image[/url

Good luck, Dave.I've fished sunup to sundown on this boat a couple of times and it was really comfortable and reliable. And, yes, the fishing mojo is definitely present......even I caught a bunch of nice fish on it! :)

Nice boat. It is about what I am looking for in a boat. Sadly the timing is off. I am not currently in the financial position to purchase it. If I was I'd request a fishing trip try-out. LOLAnyway, the best of luck selling her! Nice of you to offer a TOF discount.

Thanks clay. She has done me well and is set up about as well as possible for fishing. Not much more I could have done to her. Seems like I have caught more and bigger fish out of this jon and others I have owned than anything else. Have posted ads on CL regarding specific parts of this boat if you are interested. PM me if you are interested in making an offer of anything you see in the pics. Thanks

Timing of course is always my worst enemy. That's a sweet deal for someone like me looking for a first boat. Good luck with the sale, I'm sure it won't last long on CL. If it's not gone in two weeks maybe I'd be interested.