mikegreathouse

Kayak Comparison Spreadsheet

Back when I was in the market for a kayak, I created a Google Docs spreadsheet with a comparison of most of the major makes and models. I'm thinking that this might be helpful to some here. I have allowed access to anyone with the link.

Access to this has been removed.

Back when I was in the market for a kayak' date=' I created a Google Docs spreadsheet with a comparison of most of the major makes and models. I'm thinking that this might be helpful to some here. I have allowed access to anyone with the link. Unfortunately, the software here, bans me whenever I try to post the link. If anyone is interested in checking this out, just pm me and I will respond with the link.Possibly one of the admins can assist us in posting it here assuming there is any interest.On a related note, Does anyone think it would be nice to have a "Buyers Guide" of sorts here on TOF. I do.[/quote']Cool idea on the Doc for Yaks. As for the Buyers Guide thingy, problem with that is you get personal preferences on items. Yes, some do stand on there own merit. Take rods & reels for instance, not all can afford to drop 200 on a reel or 150 on a rod so the list would be expansive. Also would have to take into account use of such items, this site reaches beyond the Tampa area, not all suggestions will be applicable to all.

I think you need to differentiate between sit on top and sit inside kayaks.A kayak you can't sit on top of and stand up in is operating at a pretty stiff deficit around here.

When I created the spreadsheet, I was only interested in SOT, so that was all that I included in my comparisons. If a Sit In managed to infiltrate the list, it was purely by accident.

Jackson has been added.Anybody notice any other notable makes that are missing?

Yep, the top of the line glass yak's.Hope to have one of these bad boy's !http://www.stealthpp.co.za/fishing/pro-fisha-525/

Yep' date=' the top of the line glass yak's.Hope to have one of these bad boy's !http://www.stealthpp.co.za/fishing/pro-fisha-525/[/quote']done.Pretty cool kayaks.Never seen them before.

That's a handy spreadsheet. I just posted a thread that I was new to kayak fishing and you happen to be the first to comment and now you have this handy spreadsheet. This should be helpful as I browse for a kayak!

Yes, how about the Ocean Kayak Trident Ultra 4.3 and 4.7 models...?BTW: Great spreadsheet!! I'm in the market and it'll come in handy....

That is a great spread sheet. I could have used it years ago when I got my kayak.I have an Emotion Mojo Angler and I am happy with it.However, I never see any comments about it or that brand.Am I the only person in the area that has one?Any comments about the Mojo Angler?I got it at Sweetwater when they were on the side road back in 2005/