mikegreathouse

Kayak Comparison Spreadsheet

Thanks, the Jackson website didn't specify, but in their picture it looked like a paddle tie on each side just forward of the seat. I'm guessing that you own one and know this to be the case. I have corrected the listing. Thank you for the input.Not sure if you noticed, but I have been working on the other tabs as well.Starting to get some content into the tabs for "Gear" and "Tackle" If anyone has suggestions, I'm happy to add them.Thanks.

Thanks' date=' the Jackson website didn't specify, but in their picture it looked like a paddle tie on each side just forward of the seat. I'm guessing that you own one and know this to be the case. I have corrected the listing.[/quote']They're threaded RAM ball inserts with a black soft plastic bolt threaded in as a 'plug' when not in use. From a poor picture, they could definitely be mistaken for a paddle bungee catch.Yes, I own one.:thumbup:

Native has been updated along with some others.There are now over 200 models represented with more to come.I also added links to each manufacture's website.Thank you all for the feedback. The spreadsheet is still far from complete, but it's becoming a pretty good resource.

Mike, again let me say what a great job you did on the spread sheet!It should stay at the top of the Kayak Fishing Talk heading.And whenever a post comes in starting with - "I am thinking of getting a kayak..." - this should be their first stop.

Mike' date=' again let me say what a great job you did on the spread sheet!It should stay at the top of the Kayak Fishing Talk heading.And whenever a post comes in starting with - "I am thinking of getting a kayak..." - this should be their first stop.[/quote']Thank you. I appreciate the encouragement.It is always a work in progress. I already have several new additions waiting to be added.I am also trying to expand on some of the other gear tabs.I think it would be nice to eventually have a resource with lots of info for the kayakers, backed by the power of TOF. That is why I spend the time. It's my way of giving back to a community who has given so much to me.

I've been through a couple yaks now. Initially I had an Eagle Talon 12ft made by Field & Stream (Sold at Dicks) which was a great starter yak for a reasonable price. Problem was the hull was very thin and actually cracked under pressure when i was tying it down to the roof. About a year ago I upgraded to Prowler II made by Ocean Kayak and I could not be happier! If you're willing to spend an extra buck for a yak you can stand up on, it completely enhances your fishing experience. Also has plenty of storage room under the hull, enough to store gear for 2 day camping trips with all my fishing gear.