Sign in to follow this  
scotttennant9876

st croix mojo inshore series- any reviews?

St. Croix are excellent rods. I love my Tidemasters. Why does everybody buy fast action rods? I switched to moderate action and will never go back. The rod tip is more forgiving and I am convinced I land more fish with mod. action rods. Moderate action is so much better for casting artis too' date=' especially on the flats. You will get more distance on your casts with moderate action. Guaranteed![/quote']Fast actions are good for working hardbaits like mirrolures and topwaters. You do not have to exert as much effort into twitching as you would a moderate action rod, therefore you will experience less fatigue. I have a coastal xg and it is a moderate fast action rod. Let me tell you that I cannot throw topwater all day with that thing. I had a 6'6 medium power fast action triumph paired with a shimano sustain 2500FE and I never had to worry about fatigue EVER! Threw gotcha plugs and topwater with that combo all day and my arms were still good for another 3 days lol

Do they make those sweet looking white rods that I've seen in a few recent magazines?

Yes. The LegendExtreme Inshore but it will cost you...$380! If you've got that kind of money order a custom Sick Rod from Capt. Laws.- Tight Lines

I have a 7' MedHvyFast and absolutely love the rod. I think it one of the best rods in it's price range. It gets overlooked because it's only a few dollars cheaper than the Tidemaster (I have both) but it's every bit as good.

I've never thrown a mojo but have heard good things about it! That's a stout rod you have in a med/hvy and I'm sure it can pull some good fish in! What reel are you using?
I have it paired with a 4000 series Wright and McGill Sabalos. Yes, very stout setup.

St. Croix are excellent rods. I love my Tidemasters. Why does everybody buy fast action rods? I switched to moderate action and will never go back. The rod tip is more forgiving and I am convinced I land more fish with mod. action rods. Moderate action is so much better for casting artis too' date=' especially on the flats. You will get more distance on your casts with moderate action. Guaranteed![/quote']I agree, I just bought a 7' Tidemaster Moderate and love it.

I also use a 6'6" MH rod for my topwater. The stiffer action makes it alot easier to work topwater and vary the retrieve action.You just have to be careful about setting the drag too tight or setting the hook too early. If you're not careful, you'll pull the lure away from alot of fish...

St. Croix are excellent rods. I love my Tidemasters. Why does everybody buy fast action rods? I switched to moderate action and will never go back. The rod tip is more forgiving and I am convinced I land more fish with mod. action rods. Moderate action is so much better for casting artis too' date=' especially on the flats. You will get more distance on your casts with moderate action. Guaranteed![/quote']Fast actions are good for working hardbaits like mirrolures and topwaters. You do not have to exert as much effort into twitching as you would a moderate action rod' date=' therefore you will experience less fatigue. I have a coastal xg and it is a moderate fast action rod. Let me tell you that I cannot throw topwater all day with that thing. I had a 6'6 medium power fast action triumph paired with a shimano sustain 2500FE and I never had to worry about fatigue EVER! Threw gotcha plugs and topwater with that combo all day and my arms were still good for another 3 days lol[/quote']I hear what your saying, but I've had no issues with fatigue using top waters with my Moderate.

St. Croix are excellent rods. I love my Tidemasters. Why does everybody buy fast action rods? I switched to moderate action and will never go back. The rod tip is more forgiving and I am convinced I land more fish with mod. action rods. Moderate action is so much better for casting artis too' date=' especially on the flats. You will get more distance on your casts with moderate action. Guaranteed![/quote']Fast actions are good for working hardbaits like mirrolures and topwaters. You do not have to exert as much effort into twitching as you would a moderate action rod' date=' therefore you will experience less fatigue. I have a coastal xg and it is a moderate fast action rod. Let me tell you that I cannot throw topwater all day with that thing. I had a 6'6 medium power fast action triumph paired with a shimano sustain 2500FE and I never had to worry about fatigue EVER! Threw gotcha plugs and topwater with that combo all day and my arms were still good for another 3 days lol[/quote']I hear what your saying, but I've had no issues with fatigue using top waters with my Moderate.
Yea I don't really either but you gotta remember that Dave is a fishing machine and will fish for 12hours straight. I would too if I didn't have all the issues with my back.

I have a 7'6'' medium mojo. Great rod but it's a little too heavy for me to throw artis all day. I am thinking of getting a 7ft medium light' date=' fast action mojo soon for artificials.[/quote']I agree with CodyS. I have the 7'6" MF Mojo paired with a Smoke 30PTs and it's an awesome combo just heavy. As CodyS wrote' date=' my next rod will also be a Mojo 7' MLF and I'll pair it with my Smoke. I also might have the bottom guide replaced with one of those micro-guides to improve casting distance and eliminate wind knots.I will say this, I've fished with the 7'6" Mojo / Smoke combo for about a month now and the balance feels good. I just want the shorter, more sensitive rod for soft artificals. I might try a Helios 30 on my 7'6" Mojo. Especially while there is a $30 rebate on the Helios!-Tight Lines[/quote']CodyS,Did you pick up your 7' MLF Mojo? If so, what are you thoughts?

Fast actions are good for working hardbaits like mirrolures and topwaters. You do not have to exert as much effort into twitching as you would a moderate action rod' date=' therefore you will experience less fatigue. I have a coastal xg and it is a moderate fast action rod. Let me tell you that I cannot throw topwater all day with that thing. I had a 6'6 medium power fast action triumph paired with a shimano sustain 2500FE and I never had to worry about fatigue EVER! Threw gotcha plugs and topwater with that combo all day and my arms were still good for another 3 days lol[/quote']This guy is 100% on the money on pretty much everything he's said in this thread. Fast action all day long when using artificials. The ONLY time I would use moderate action is for live or cut bait. Any type of finesse fishing is much easier and efficient on a fast action rod. The Mojo inshore is an excellent rod. My roommate throws a 7' in medium with a stradic FJ and it is an excellent flats setup, you really don't need any better. He has caught way overslot reds and fat slot snook on it easily. He doesn't baby it at all, when he lands a fish I feel bad for the rod because of how far he bends that thing to unhook a fish. I use a 7'6" crucial in MH (the medium is WAY too moderate in action whereas the MH is fasssst) and I sometimes think about grabbing a ML Mojo or maybe even a medium. To be honest one of the reasons I haven't grabbed the mojo in medium is I might end up liking it better than my crucial and have it just sitting around.Battles are decent reels and actually a great reel if you use Monofilament. For braid the line lay is just too bad (get the new spin fisher it's a lot better) and it leaves gaps in the spool which can cause wind knots if you use light braid even if you are careful. I would save up another week or two and cough up the extra $50 for a stradic. I've dunked my stradic like 4 times in the past couple months, once for over 10 seconds, and I all I did was mist the reel down and it's perfect. It actually free spins better than it did before I dunked it lol.

You will get more distance on your casts with moderate action. Guaranteed!

Nope. It is easier for someone to pick up a moderate action rod and cast far because it is very easily to load the weaker rod. With a fast action rod your timing has to be a lot better to load it properly since the rod doesn't bend much, but when you do load it, they have much more power for distance casting. Especially when throwing into the wind. A slow or moderate rod will flop around in a strong wind, especially when throwing light lures. My fast action MH rated for 3/8-1oz can throw a 1/16th jig with a cal shad straight into the wind further than most cast on a calm day.