Sign in to follow this  
gottagofish911

new kayak owner

hello everyone I have been on this site for a while finally have an account. I have owned bass boats to flats boats and fished mostly freshwater. I have now just bought a kayak (predator 13). I live in pasco co. in fact have lived here around 35 yrs. I have been out couple times on kayak. Fresh water trip first time some ponds around house. Then I went to fillmans bayou from Aripeka was not very productive actually lots of paddling for little results. But I'm in It for the long haul hoping to meet some new people make some friends learn a little about saltwater fishing and kayaking

Welcome to TOF! I too kayak fish and actually grew up in Pasco County, Port Richey to be exact. There's a lot of good places in the area to drop a yak and get into fish quickly - Brasher Park, Cotee River, Anclote River, Fred Howard Park. I drop in Brasher Park a lot. Hope to see you out on the water and again, welcome to the site.

Fillman's Bayou is not the greatest place to start but it can be productive. I myself have only fished it once. I do fish pasco sometimes both in my kayak and with my stepdad on his boat but I live in Spring Hill. You bought the kayak at a great time, fishing is starting to get better.

Thanks to those of you who replied. Brasher park Timmy hope to see you out there. Gulfscuba what areas do you fish out of ? Super Jox do fish out of hernado north to chaz? Has anyone ever fished cross bayou im doing some work in the area foand will be in the area for a while and was wondeing about this bayou. Also can anyone recomind a fish finder/gps for kayak im thinking one with side imaging also

I launch off Bayport and Pine Island sometimes. I also fish north to Ozello sometimes.Do you mean off the Chassowitzka river itself? I wanted to but that s a LOONG paddle. I went off Pine Island yesterday and it was verry windy. Got two nice trout

Here is the route I took yesterday although it still recorded my car trip going back too. [attachment=8306]h8a96806.jpg[/attachment]Got the crap scared out of me by an otter too lol

Hey what app are you using for this?Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk

I will be getting my fishing kayak 3-10-14 a Malibu Stealth-14 set up for some fishing I am looking for people in or around key west that kayak fish tarpon season is just around the corner

That's a great kayak I had one and sold it. Im looking to get the xfactor, fyi the center baitwell hatch doesnt keep anything dry, that single latch mechanism doesnt seal the entire hatch. Other than that its super stable, love malibu kayaks been diving and spearfishing from them and offshore fishing along with super skinny water. Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk

Here is the route I took yesterday although it still recorded my car trip going back too. [attachment=8306]h8a96806.jpg[/attachment]Got the crap scared out of me by an otter too lol

Hey what app are you using for this?Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk
I have a Garmin e Trex 10 and I had a route that I was able to put on Google Earth. It seems accurate so far.

The xfactor has the double hatch in the middle and is also available in the livewell upgrade. In the stealth there are two black slots on thw front side of the hatch. Yoy have to drill through those for overboard water. On the xfactor the overboard is like a boat and goes out the side. I had the livewell on the stealth and your ass gets wet a lot if you forget to shit it off. Besides that I could load it up and run all day on a litrle lawnmower 12volt battery and never lose bait.Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk

Theres an app from Google that syncs with earth and your gmail acct. My tracks, it tracks anything and lets you set waypoints. Its what I use. Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk