Sign in to follow this  
phil030

NooB yak owner... LOL

Thanks to Andrew Benak for selling me the yak I've logged 100 miles + on. It came with mojo and I can't wait to get out with those that have offered me a yak to use! It's on now!! HahaOld Town Predator 13A couple things to get it set how I want it, coming soonpost-17124-14121222144162_thumb.jpgpost-17124-1412122214439_thumb.jpgpost-17124-14121222144614_thumb.jpgpost-17124-14121222144814_thumb.jpgI'm now taking reservations/appointments for a yak trip! Haha jk

I'd go with you in your area. Let's do this. That yak is already much better than mine! LOL

:thumbsup: cool !! Dude I'm up for oz anytime too! Or wherever, it doesn't matter as long as the rods are bent on good quality fish! Yes let's do this!

Just don't use the fly rod as a tool for bragging ok? lololI wish I had better balance and a better yak to stand on. It would make a huge difference

Hahhaha it depends on when and where but the long rod will at least always be in the truck ready! Don't be hatin! LOLI will let you give the yak a try when we get together... You will be more than fine. Super stable! Actually the most stable yak I've been on, but is a little heavy too. I'm pretty strong but dude Pam was killin me down in flamingo in her Native! The speed she has is sick!

Thanks to Andrew Benak for selling me the yak I've logged 100 miles + on. It came with mojo and I can't wait to get out with those that have offered me a yak to use! It's on now!! HahaOld Town Predator 13A couple things to get it set how I want it' date=' coming soon[attachment=8391']h3fc1bc8.jpg[/attachment][attachment=8392]h168a28c.jpg[/attachment][attachment=8393]h4e2d06a.jpg[/attachment][attachment=8394]h2b89de0_2014-03-10.jpg[/attachment]I'm now taking reservations/appointments for a yak trip! Haha jk

I'm ready to take out the yak whenever you're ready Phil. We were out there on Saturday, cruising the mangroves on Caladesi.

That's cool, Phil. Do you have a pick-up and put the yak in the bed? Transportation was my biggest problem with a yak and why I don't have one anymore. I assume that's the one that Andy had listed here.Tight lines, brother!

That's cool' date=' Phil. Do you have a pick-up and put the yak in the bed? Transportation was my biggest problem with a yak and why I don't have one anymore. I assume that's the one that Andy had listed here.Tight lines, brother![/quote']Yeah I have a ford expedition with a roof rack... It is a heavy yak and after a day on the water it is even heavier! LOL. No this was his first Old Town predator, then he got his new OT, then he got that brand new ocean kayak that is listed here... I have loved the one I now own since he and I went down to key largo months ago and the Everglades with the gang. I went out today here by the house after he left this morning and rounded up a few reds and trout and the smallest trout I've ever caught... LOL maybe 5"! Heck the shrimp lure was just an inch smaller than he was.. I'm stoked and looking forward to hooking up with others that wanna get out.

Next Question.... WHEN and WHERE is the next TOF trip? Chomping at the bit,, someone needs to start a new thread and lets start planning. Or I WILL,, Key West, first second, or third week of May. I GUARANTEE, I Repeat,, Guarantee, an 80# or larger tarpon to all serious comers on kayak or I will pay for your gas to get here. MAX paddle distance 2 miles. Bring it on everyone. Campground is only 3/4 of a mile from the attached picture.post-88534-14121222145964_thumb.jpg

Next Question.... WHEN and WHERE is the next TOF trip? Chomping at the bit' date=', someone needs to start a new thread and lets start planning. Or I WILL,, Key West, first second, or third week of May. I GUARANTEE, I Repeat,, Guarantee, an 80# or larger tarpon to all serious comers on kayak or I will pay for your gas to get here. MAX paddle distance 2 miles. Bring it on everyone. Campground is only 3/4 of a mile from the attached picture.[/quote']Kurt you KNOW I'm down for that! I just don't know who else would be able to make it.. I fully agree that we need to get somethin together ASAP. I will try to call you tomorrow.

BTW, That guarantee applies to hook-ups, NOT landings,,,. Tarpon are fickle and you may also fail to Bow To The King,, and I cannot guarantee you just don't lock up when a 100# plus fish jumps 5 feet higher than your head, scream like a little girl, and break him off..... Seriously, end of April thru June 1st, unless the weather goes bad, which is VERY rare, days of 100 fish per day sightings, dozens of serious shots, and 5-10 or more hooked are the NORM, not the exception. Lets plan a trip,,,, here is O.K,, but I am open to anywhere, anyplace, that has fins and friends.

Congrats on the Yak Phil. Can you leave some fish for the rest of us to catch. :cheer:

Lloyd there's tons of fish to be had. Let me know when that trailer arrives so we can get you on some different/better areas.

Congrats on the Yak Phil. Can you leave some fish for the rest of us to catch. :cheer:

Lloyd there's tons of fish to be had. Let me know when that trailer arrives so we can get you on some different/better areas.
If y'all want a tag along, I'm in. Lloyd, maybe we can set something up and talk during our meeting next Tuesday. Will you be there? We should have the new designs too for our Club shirts.

If y'all want a tag along' date=' I'm in. Lloyd' date=' maybe we can set something up and talk during our meeting next Tuesday. Will you be there? We should have the new designs too for our Club shirts.[/quote'']Sent you a PM. And, you're anything but a tag along.