Sign in to follow this  
moochy

A day with my family spent with Captain Mike Cole

I grew up in the Tampa Bay area and can recall fishing with my brother at the CCC, Dana Shores, and TNC area where we grew up and always heard stories about Bull Reds and Monster Snook. I recall a summer job I had mowing lawns near Macdill AFB and seeing snook and what at the time looked like black gouger just schooled up under a dock. We neither had the resources or the knowledge to do anything but wonder what it would be like to catch these fish. Well after what seems like 20 plus years of missed amazing and wonderful world of fishing, my family and I were treated to what I think was one of the best days of our lives together fishing with Captain Mike Cole in the water I grew up on and never knew was so plentiful of memories. I met Mike while he was working at TFO and I came in a complete rookie green horn and not only was he more than helpful but he was genuinely happy to answer with even the smallest questions. Offering a recommendation to spend a day on Captain Mike Coles boat would only scratch the surface on how strongly I feel about the experience. I have been on multiple charters and tried fishing so many times before and it wasn't until I went into TFO 4 months ago that fishing became a part of my life and it is no coincidence that Mike Cole had a hand in this fate. Please go see him and spend a day on the water and don't take another meaningless trip to a theme park. We Landed SNOOK, 30 Plus " REDS, 18" FLOUNDER, and MONSTER TROUT !!!!Thank you Captain Mike Cole..

He is good, isn't he? Like few others. Glad you had a great time and he will love to hear this. Welcome to the family. We work to share what we know and learn about how to fish, where to fish, when to fish, and even help you find people to fish with. You are TheOnlineFisherman.

Thank you for all the kind words Michael it means a lot! The pleasure was all mine that day. It was awesome seeing your family all enjoying the day and willing to stop and learn more about how we where catching the fish than just wanting to throw baits in the water. Those are the trips I really enjoy and look forward to! Here are a few pics from the awesome day we had on the water.post-85-14121222159691_thumb.jpg post-85-1412122215992_thumb.jpgpost-85-14121222160483_thumb.jpgpost-85-14121222160683_thumb.jpgpost-85-14121222160873_thumb.jpgpost-85-14121222161088_thumb.jpgpost-85-14121222161264_thumb.jpgpost-85-1412122216145_thumb.jpg

Welcome to TOF, Michael and family! Great day out there and you would be hard pressed to find a more knowledgeable guide than Mike. Also hard to find a nicer guy, too! He's a very valued member of our family :)

Capt Mike is absolutely the best in the business. Again for the 100th time. Him and Capt David on this site blow all the other guides away in every category. I use to see both Captains together and now, just Capt Mike. I can't say how many times these guys offered me bait when I could not get any. They even stopped one time to help out another boater in the dark. The boat was abandoned. I was with my best friend on the way out and stopped to see if they needed help. We forgot our cast net and they gave us their personal cast net to use so we could go fish. It made our day. They stayed with the boat because it had no lights and was in a channel and did not want anybody to get hurt. Giving up their fishing trip. They lit the boat up until the Coast Guard came out. That was the first time I met them. I still can't believe they gave me their custom cast net. I returned the net to Capt David a short time later. Next time I saw Capt David on the water with a young kid. They gave me bait and let me fish snook with them. First good snook day I ever had. He gave me places to catch bait and more snook which were right on the mark. I would highly recommend both of these Capts.

Mike Cole and Steve Betz are the two names I give out when friends and neighbors ask for guide recommendations. They're the first two guys I would call myself.I know Mike's constantly getting pics of people holding big reds and snook. :thumbsup:

This site is full of good people willing to help you out and take you fishing.Best site on the web in my opinion

Capt Baty is another guy to pay attention to.I think the big reds down around Apollo Beach are dreading his return to the water. :)