Sign in to follow this  
k3anderson

Carolina J-14 for sale with 25 hp 4 stroke

I hope someone on these forums takes you up on your TOF hook up offer Ken - I really do. Would love to see someone here who has been wanting a boat and biding their time to find a good deal on a good boat wind up with it. What a great little flats boat. It will get you to where the reds are tailing in 5" of water. - where many boats have no chance of getting to. True story - My 17' Whaler is just fine floating in 8" of water. I have no problem delving into skinny water and do so often as most who have fished on my boat will attest to. So a few months ago I'm heading up into Mobley Bay a ways - had someone with me - Tom I think. We run into Ken in this boat out on the water. Pulled up next to each other. The boat looks good on the water BTW - only time I've ever seen it. We talked for a bit and then parted. The tide was headed out fast and if you know that area you know how skinny it can get up there. My intention because of the rapid outgoing was to fish from the channel at the outflow of the old power plant south along the west mangrove line (which isn't really that far) - and then get off the flat. .But Ken takes off north as I just headed west and fished south - and as I'm leaving a bit later - I see him way up there towards the North shoreline. Point being - he went hunting easily and confidently where I wouldn't have gone to. That's gonna be a great little boat for someone. Good luck with the sale Ken - I don't know the details but it sounds like a good price to me.

It definitely gets in skinnwater..you can get into the neg low spots when're no one else can go and toss. Flies to redfish that have half their back out the water it's so skinny. Or even pull up to a flat thats uncovered and wait ill the tide rolls in along with the black and red drum. It's great fun out there in those conditions.