Sign in to follow this  
tna674

1st Spring Weekend

So yesterday Tim (Timmy674) went out fishing for a guys day and I kept myself busy wishing I was out on the water with such beautiful weather. So I decided to clean the house and hope that when Tim came home he would be so happy that I did the chores and he would take me out fishing on Sunday....My plan worked! How exciting...We went to out for breakfast then picked up a dozen shrimp just thinking of soaking up the sun....While we were going out battling the wind and the current decided to hide behind some mangroves and toss some bait, hell why not. - this is a good spot to anchor up.The wind had me facing the mangroves and I was PISSED .. I wanted to move so I could cast with the current. We didn't move; of course. So I positioned to do what I intended.... few minutes later my line went tight ... CRAP I'm so turned around .. Don't panic .. Open the bail and line just peeled away. Closed the bail and it was screaming LOUD... I swear I had the biggest Snook I ever caught, the way it was running. Then it started going straight out away from the mangroves, turn around..calm down don't flip the kayak..breathe...CRAP it went under the kayak STRAIGHT for the mangroves and then started digging...IT"S A REDFISH...Just keep tension Tim would say...REEL...okay put the rod up...TENSION...breathe...I NEVER have fought a red like this before .. about 2 or 3 times running for the open water and turning for the mangroves this Red was working me out! Finally got this HOG in the kayak. I was shaking but damn that has to be the fattest RED I ever caught; 10 lb at least - measured at 28"...not by biggest but surely something to feel proud about!post-89520-14121222218002_thumb.jpgThen .. on our damn near last shrimp I got thumped again! Immediately I could tell this was a smaller red just by the way it was flipping and digging down... Either she tired out quickly or I was just stoked but she was in the kayak within 5 minutes. Measured at 23" --- In slot and will be dinner tonight...post-89520-14121222218229_thumb.jpgWhen we were coming in saw a bald eagle on the MNZ marker just ended this wonderful weekend perfectly.post-89520-14121222218473_thumb.jpg

I'm not even mad at cha....lol ;) ..patience definitely paid off this weekend' date=' I'll tell you what. Phil I have never been so proud of myself. Thanks[/quote']That's what it's ALL about right there!!! PERIOD!

I usually write up our reports from our fishing excursions, but you did a great job with all the details in this report kiddo. I still can't get over that that Red didn't break you off in the mangroves. Great job on fighting this bruiser of a Redfish. :thumbsup:

I usually write up our reports from our fishing excursions' date=' but you did a great job with all the details in this report kiddo. I still can't get over that that Red didn't break you off in the mangroves. Great job on fighting this bruiser of a Redfish. :thumbsup:[/quote']Hey bro was this back where you and I went?

I usually write up our reports from our fishing excursions' date=' but you did a great job with all the details in this report kiddo. I still can't get over that that Red didn't break you off in the mangroves. Great job on fighting this bruiser of a Redfish. :thumbsup:[/quote']Hey bro was this back where you and I went?
Yeah dude, but a little further South. When Amanda and I were cruising back in there, I was standing up and seeing several schools of some BIG Reds......BIG!!!! I'll tell ya about it when we talk next.

Yeah dude' date=' but a little further South. When Amanda and I were cruising back in there, I was standing up and seeing several schools of some BIG Reds......BIG!!!! I'll tell ya about it when we talk next.[/quote']NICE! Let me know when you are up for another tailing convention... You would have passed out had you seen the tailers I saw when I got on that flat...

Yeah dude' date=' but a little further South. When Amanda and I were cruising back in there, I was standing up and seeing several schools of some BIG Reds......BIG!!!! I'll tell ya about it when we talk next.[/quote']NICE! Let me know when you are up for another tailing convention... You would have passed out had you seen the tailers I saw when I got on that flat...
I'm always down to learn. Me and Amanda might try to hit up the Fort this weekend for that mini seminar - she wants to learn too. I'll probably call you on Friday my dude.